the trial | andy barber ~ final part

D-Day of the trial

Andy is downstairs waiting and preparing a smoothie. 
“Honey, you ready?” He shouts. 
“Coming, Andy.” She goes downstairs. She looks so beautiful in her black dress, it’s slowly revealing her bump. “Can you help me to zip the back of my dress? I couldn’t finish.” She chuckles.
“Of course sweetheart.” She turns around and he zips her dress. “Aaaand done.” She turns to him and pecks his lips. “You okay?” 
“Yeah, just stressing a little…” Her hands were shaking but Andy takes her hands and rubs them. 
“Hey, it’s okay. I’ll be with you all the time.” He kisses her lips. “Take a deep breath…” They both take a deep breath. “There you go. I prepared you a smoothie.”
“That’s so sweet.” She sips her smoothie. 
“All right, let’s go sweetheart.” He takes her hand and they go to the car. 

**ANDY’S POV**

“Okay, here we are. You’re ready?” Joanna asks us. I look at y/n, she looks stressed. I try to comfort her the best I can to avoid stress for the baby. I take her hand and squeeze it. She looks at me, I nod and give her a little smile. She nods back and takes a deep breath. 
“I’m ready.” 
We enter the court and Joanna is leading us to our table. I sit next to y/n, holding her hand under the table. 

“Court, all rise !” The officer says. Everyone stands up. “All the persons having anything before the Honorable Judge Paulson, a Justice of the Superior Court, now sitting within and for the Commonwealth, draw near, give your attendance and you shall be heard.” The judge is sitting. “God saves the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and this most honorable court. This court’s now open. Please be seated.” We all sit and I don’t let go of y/n’s hand. The secretary of the judge is talking when I try to calm her. She looks at me for a few seconds before the judge talks. 
“Bring in the defendant.” 

The door is opening and Tom enters the room, he glares at us. I look at y/n, she’s very scared and breathes fast. He starts to run towards us until the guards catch him and I protect her. They put him on the chair next to the judge. 
“MR. JOHNSON PLEASE BEHAVE” The judge says before he uses his gavel to silence the room. 
I put my hands on her cheeks. “You okay?” 
She nods and I sit down again. 
“You’re gonna pay for this y/n! I will kill you with my own hands!” 
“MR. JOHNSON PLEASE” The judge shouts. “Let’s begin this case. Ms. Klein?” 
“Thank you, your honor. My client is a victim in this case. Indeed, this man beat my client on several occasions. Here are the pieces of evidence.” She gives the papers to the judge. 
“y/n y/l/n was forced to marry this man. She didn’t have a choice because of her parents. They needed money. Why? Because their business was failing, and what was their choice? Find a man for their daughter. Because of this, they could continue their business with the family of the defendant. She couldn’t marry the man she wanted to live with. And he’s with us today. They were and they’re still best friends for years and he wanted to have a life with her. But unfortunately, it didn’t happen. My client called for help. She was desperate.” 

She lowers her head before she lifts her head and sheds some tears. I squeeze her hand and rub it. She wipes her tears. 
“I would like to call my client to the witness stand your honor.“ 
“She can come.” 
She stands up and walks to the witness stand. Tom noticed her bump and stands.
“She’s a whore your honor! She’s been knocked up by this bastard!” He yells and points to me. My eyes were full of rage, but when I see y/n mouthing me to stay calm, I instantly calm down. 
“SILENCE” The judge hits his gavel. “Mr. Johnson, this is the last time I warn you. Please proceed Ms. Klein.” The judge says.
“Thank you, your honor.” She turns to me and smiles lightly. “Ms. y/l/n, how long have you been with the defendant?” 
“5 years.” 
“Was he violent the day after you marry him?” 
She looks at me with tears in her eyes, and I smile sadly before she lowers her head. 
“Yes.” 
“Objection, relevance?” Tom’s lawyer says.
“Overruled.” 
“He’s been violent with me, he punched me several times. When I was trying to contact my friends, he threw my phone and slaps me in the face.” 
I wanna hold her in my arms right now. I can’t believe he did that to her. 
“One day, I was trying to sleep until he…” She stops. 
“Can you tell us what he tried to do to you?” Joanna approaches her and holds her hand. 
I feel disgusted by him. I can’t even look at his face right now because I’m able to stand up and punch him. 
“He raped me…” She breaks down in tears. 
“No more questions, your honor.” Joanna came back to her seat and looks at me. 
“Commonwealth?” 
“No questions, your honor.” Tom’s lawyer says. 
“If the defendant’s lawyer doesn’t have questions, we’re gonna stop here for today. The judgment will be pronounced tomorrow.” The judge hits his gavel and quits the court.
Tom glares at me one last time before he goes back to his cell.