50 - Relief

Colby's Pov
Elton= E            Colby= C

E= Hey man, are you good?

I'm not the one in a hospital bed =C right now
Why are you asking me?

E= Because I know what could be going through your head right now

You should be yelling at me and  =C cursing at me right now! I'm the reason this shit happened to her

E= It was an accident. It's not like you did it on purpose. And thinking about it in a morbid way, Lucas would have found his way into the house whether you remembered to lock the door or not. He saw his chance and he had no plans on missing it. You and I both know that so stop blaming yourself. Gather all your anger towards the guy that harmed her, not yourself. She is alive and breathing. THAT is what matters right now. Okay?

Yeah. Thank you. I needed that. =C

E= Good. I wanted to tell you that before I say that you guys are allowed to come back here now.

     As that message popped up on my screen I instantly stood up. The guys look at me with confused and slightly concerned looks.

      "Elton said that we can go back now." I told them to which they got up with me. We told the man at the from desk and then we were escorted to y/n's room. I was the first to slowly open the door to the dim lit room. It hurt a little to see her laying in a hospital bed, hooked up to some equipment. Her eyes were slightly opened as she turned to face us as we walked in, a small smile was all she could muster. We all sat down as the doctor explained her symptoms.

      "She has a concussion. She was able to remember most of what happened and told that to the police while they were in here. She will need to rest physically and mentally for a few days. Keep the lights dimmed and the noise low to avoid her having any headaches. We want to keep her overnight to monitor any other symptoms that could occur. Other than that she has major bruising around her neck and some mild bruising on her side and face. One of you are allowed to stay over night with her, just not all of you. Other than that, I will leave you guys until her next check up. Use the nurse button if you need anything." The doctor had explained and then she had left. With that, we pulled our chairs up the the side of the hospital bed. As I did, I slowly grabbed onto y/n's. My eyes watered as I felt her slightly squeeze my hand and smile at me.

       "If you say anything close to 'I'm sorry' I'm slapping you with the little bit of energy on have." She slightly whispered out, making us all laugh a little.

       "You can never take these situations seriously." Elton laughed, making us all agree.

       "As in much pain I'm in, I don't want to just lay here and be miserable." She interjected.

      "She has a valid argument." Aaron added.

     "Thank you, finally someone agrees." She slightly laughed. We all sat in silence for a bit, just happy to know that she's okay. I watched her as she closed her eyes, the pain medication probably kicking in now so that she could sleep. I continued to run my thumb across her knuckles as the guys whispered to each other, trying to fill the silence. None of us wanted to leave her yet, just stay a little longer until visiting hours are up.

     "Colby!" Corey whispered yelled to get my attention. I looked away from y/n to look at the guys. "What do you want to eat? We all haven't eaten yet today so we gotta get something. Pick anywhere cause none of us can decide." He explained and I thought about it for a minute.