53 - Going Home

Soon enough Colby made it back with our stuff and we sat and talked for a little bit longer. We all kinda jumped as we heard a knock at the door, just being in a good conversation and not expecting it.

     "Hi y/n! I'm sorry to interrupt on your guys conversation but I'm here for one last check up and then you are free to go." She said as she walked in and closed the door behind her. Mark and Sean stood up from their seats and moved them out of the way so the nurse could do her check up.

     The check up didn't last long but her cold hands did slightly sooth the headache I had. Before she left she made sure to lecture me about all the things that I shouldn't do for the next week or two, Mark giving me that fatherly look behind her. When she left and said her goodbyes I rolled my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair.

     "What do you want father?" I huffed out making Sean laugh and Colby give me a confuses look.

     "You heard the lady, you're supposed to talk as little as possible for the next few days if you want the headaches to go away. I'll make sure to check your in you through Colby and the others, do not test me. I will not hesitate to drive down here again." Mark said with a hand on his hip and pointing at me. I looked at Colby who followed Marks hand in hip, and then I looked at Sean who did the same. "Ah! Don't talk." Mark warned as I had opened my mouth ready to give an answer. Instead I defeatedly put a thumbs up.

     "Here, wear these when we are anywhere but in a dim lit room." Colby said as he handed me his sunglasses. I signed him 'thank you' internally smiling to myself that I remembered some sign language.

     Mark and Sean helped us gather the little bit of stuff we had and helped clean up the room a little before we all left together. We split ways from the two gamers since they weren't parked near Colby's car. I would like to say that I'm very thankful for Colby's sunglasses cause those few seconds when the sun seeps over the top of the glasses it feels like a pang of a headache each time. Colby opened the door for me when we got to his car to which I gave him a small smile. He's been pretty quiet but he's been since I've been in the hospital so I'm not expecting much. When he got in the car I kept looking at him until he fully looked back.

     "You have something to say don't you?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Sum it down to like 5 words, not even."

     "You're quiet." I stated and we just looked at each other for a few seconds. He looked away and I watched as he fiddles with his slightly shakey hands. I could tell he was holding stuff in and I'm probably not making him feel any better with holding my own feeling in. I don't think me crying and having a panic attack every second would help him either so. He finally looked at me again and put one of his hands on mine.

     "Do you want Dunkin?" He asked and I gave him a look. "I know, it's just I was going to get you in before this all happened so I want to make up for it." I nodded my head and I learned back in the seat and ran my thumb over the back of his hand. He started driving but was only quiet for a few minutes. "I just... I just have a lot on my mind. I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself for awhile but I'll try my best to and I'll make up for it in my own way to help my conscience. I'm sorry to Mark and Sean if I was kinda quiet, I didn't really know what to say when you guys were interacting with each other. I wasn't feeling excluded though, I had fun just watching you guys. You were having fun, even at a pretty shitty time of your life. But to be honest, I'm worried about you. You're holding your feelings in and no offence but I think that's really stupid of you. You're going to make it worse for yourself when something minor happens and just sends the whole thing to start overflowing. I'm worried about your panic attacks coming back and getting worse. I don't want this to sound bad in any way but if you start getting panic attacks often and just ptsd shit from the event, would you want to go to a therapist. I only say that cause I don't think I'd be much help in the state I am in too but I think professional help will always help a lot more than mine." He paused for a minute and then looked at me as he pulled up to a red light. "So would you?" I thought for a little and then nodded my head as he pulled off at a green light. "Okay, thank you. I'll probably get myself a therapist too. Just so you won't be alone but also so I can get over this overwhelming guilt." I softly kissed the back of his hand, making us both smile a little.