54 - The Plan

My nap had barley lasted an hour as every other 15 minutes I had woken up from a nightmare. Colby always tried to urge me back to sleep but after the 4th time I was over it and gave up in going back to sleep. This entire experience sucked. I can't do anything or it gives me a migraine and I can't even be downstairs or it gives me a panic attack. I rolled over so I was facing Colby, he instantly put his phone down and gave me his full attention.

     "Can I have a donut?" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear. At this point I don't care if you're not supposed to talk with a concussion. I have literally nothing better to do.

     "Yeah, but do you think you can stomach it?" He asked softly as he ran his fingers through my hair. By the sound of his voice and the bit of redness around his eyes, I could tell he had been crying again. I don't think this is going to end for awhile.

     "Yeah, I'll be okay." I whispered back. He gave me a small smile as he softly kissed my head and then left the room. I laid in my bed, trying to think anything but negative thoughts right now. I tried to see what Sam put on my dresser earlier but I still couldn't see it from the way I was laying down. There was a soft knock at my door before it creaked open a little, Aaron poking his head in.

     "Hey, we all kinda want to talk whenever you are feeling up to it okay? We can come back after you finish your donut?" He asked and I nodded my head. He gave me and thumbs up with a smile and then left my room, closing the door behind him. I was then left to figure out what they could all possibly want to talk about. My thinking didn't last long as Colby walked in with my donut wrapped in a napkin.

     "Thank you." I whispered as I slowly sat up and rested against the wall behind my bed. Sitting up didn't feel great but I didn't want to eat while laying down. He sat down on my bed beside me and handed me the donut.

     "Move up a little, I'll sit behind you to give you more cushion." He said as he got ready for me to move. I was going to protest and say that I was okay but it wasn't like he was going to listen. I moved forward and gave him enough room to sit behind me. When he got himself situated, he softly pulled my back against him. His warm arms wrapped around me as I rested my head against his chest was already making my headache soften. He softly rubbed my arm as I ate my donut in a comfortable silence. I looked at my dresser to finally see what Sam had put there. I small smile spread across my lips as I saw a Nintendo Switch sitting there with a cute bag to hold it and the games next to it.

     "Did Sam get me that?" I asked in a whisper as I pointed at the Nintendo Switch.

     "Technically it was all of the guys idea but Sam was the one to buy it." Colby said and then kissed the stop of my head. "They said it'll be like a reward for you when you get over your concussion. Encouragement to actually follow the rules so that it'll be over soon."

      "Seems like a bribe." I whispered and we both softly chuckled.

     "A bribe, a gift. They are practically the same thing." He laughed and pulled me closer. "Whenever you are ready, I'll go get the guys so we all can talk." I nodded my head as I continued to eat my donut and enjoyed his touch.

      I had eventually finished my donut and was just enjoying the silence my brain hasn't had since everything has happened. When my headache felt bearable to deal with the guys also in the room, I told Colby that he could go get them. Soon enough, all of the guys including Jake were standing around my bed as if I was back in the hospital.

     "Fucking sit down somewhere. Stop standing there all awkwardly." I told them in a whisper as I pointed to all of the various places they could be sitting instead of standing. They all picked a spot to sit and then Elton started the conversation.

     "Okay so just to get to the point, we were thinking about moving out of the house into apartments or something. Just to get you out of the house since it doesn't seem like you'll be seen down stairs for awhile, and just to be cautious of whenever Lucas gets out we don't want to risk him coming here. We all know that his psychotic self will not stay away from you just because of a restraining order. Plus me and the guys have been thinking about moving out for a little bit now so this is just more encouragement. We won't start actually moving until you are better and until after your court case though." Elton explained and I nodded my head with a thumbs up.

     "And if any of you wanted to, I currently live in an apartment with a lot of rooms still available wink wink." Jake added, making us all laugh a bit.

     "I'm okay with that. Thank you guys, for everything." I whispered giving them all a soft smile.

     "You don't have to thank us for anything. We are just glad you're safe. And whenever you are well enough we can go out and salvage your phone and get you a new one." Aaron said as he patted my leg for reassurance. I patted his hand back and we both laughed a little.

     "That was a short plan discussions." Corey said as he patted his knees.

     "What did you expect? For me to start screaming and crying, begging to stay at this house together for the rest of our lives?" I asked in a whisper as I shrugged my shoulders.

     "I see how it is. You want to get rid of us." Elton said as he wiped away fake tears.

     "I knew you never truley loved us." Sam followed after as he started to fake sob. Jake comforted him as he shook his head in disapproval at me.

     "Oh yeah, bully the poor girl that just got out of the hospital." I interjected and they all groaned or rolled their eyes dramatically.

     "Okay well we should actually let you rest. We'll try to keep you entertained the best we can. We gotta come up with ideas." Elton said as he got up and led everyone expect for Colby out of my room. We all exchanged good nights and they closed the door to my room.

     "What time?" I whispered to Colby. He grabbed his phone and looked at the time.

     "It's 8:47. It's kinda early to be going to bed but I think you should really be trying to get as much sleep as you can. Can you take melatonin right now? I think we have some." He asked as he started to get out of my bed.

    "I mean trying it won't kill me. If it causes me pain then we know now to use it again." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

     Colby left to get the melatonin and it didn't take him long to come back with it. They were in the form of gummies so I took 4 of them just in case. To be honest, I'd have no complaints about sleeping for a long time. I have nothing better to do anyways.

     Not even 45 minutes later, I was knocked out while laying on Colby. Me sleeping without being in pain for once soothed his nerves for once. This didn't mean that he wasn't going to stay up all night eating away at his self. He was trying his best to hide his pain from me just like I had been with him. This isn't going to be healthy for either of us.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
1452 Words
I kinda feel like this is short but hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. Just wanted to ask a quick question. Thoughts on me starting an Ethan Nestor x reader story? I'll of course still work on this one but when I have writers block I can just switch between the two. I'll let y'all think about that. I'll see y'all lovely peeps in the next chapter. Buh bye!