.6.

THE PRESENT

Seungmin POV

I always think about the moment he cheated. I know I shouldn't because it was long ago, but it's always in the back of my mind.

How it affected our relationship back then. How I forgave him so quickly. We're happy together again after a long while.

The days that followed that time, were gruesome. I cried a lot and didn't know what to do with myself. People see me as an independent leader, but Hyunjin made me seem dependent on him.

He just showed so much love and affection that seemed unmatched compared to others. He was the reason I wanted to do most things, even when we were still just friends.

I love him with all my heart. And I don't ever want an incident like that to happen again.

———

I was woken by my loud alarm that went off every day. My eyes fluttered open as my eyes tried their best to adjust to the light. I tried to get up but heard a small noise from behind me.

"Oscar?" I said petting him softly.

I lifted myself from the bed and stretched my arms to their full potential. After that, I felt even more relaxed and fell back onto my pillow.

I stared at the ceiling before hearing someone outside the room. A small smile formed on my face as I made my way out of bed.

With Oscar following behind me, I walked out onto the patio. I saw a lovely figure standing in front of a large canvas.

"Good morning," I said wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders and kissing behind his neck.

"Hello," He said while turning around and embracing me, "I thought you would have left without saying bye."

"I would never," I said pecking his lips.

This had to be one of the best moments. We talked for a moment before I had to start getting ready to leave.

I grabbed everything and before I could leave I heard him walking into the house. I turned around as he slowly walked toward me.

"I'm not going to make it to dinner tonight." He said.

I gave him a questionable gaze as he continued speaking. He went on about how he found a good agent to sell his artwork to big companies and possibly have them in museums.

"And I'm going to meet them at a restaurant downtown tonight."

Don't think bad thoughts.

"Okay." I said, "as long as you come back in one piece."

I was trying to hold back the fear of something happening. I'm not the kind of person to say 'once a cheater always a cheater' but it's hard to have faith in someone that has a history. A relationship is built off the foundation of trust, and that's what's been bothering me the most.

As the conversation came to a close, I walked out of the house and made my way to school.

College is hard. Way harder than high school. I wasn't the class president so no one knew who I was. I missed the guys. I missed Bang Chan the most.

Even though he was a pain in my ass, he still made my days ten times better weather I wanted to admit it or not. But I'm an adult now and I have to be independent.

I can do this.

Hyunjin POV

I woke up to dull lighting. Oscar took my place close behind Seungmin but I didn't mind. I got up and cut up some fruit for myself.

By the time I was done the sun was beaming into the house. I went outside and enjoyed the morning shine before getting a phone call.

"Hello, this is Hyunjin speaking," I answered.

"Hello, my name is Ms. Kim. I'm an agent at (company name), and we saw your art online. I would love to have your art in museums across the world."

"Really?" I said said a tad bit skeptical about the call.

"I would love to meet you in person to explain everything I could do for you. What do you say."

It took me a moment to answer. I didn't know if I could trust someone so easily. Especially when they magically get my number out of nowhere.

"Sure. There's this restaurant downtown that we can meet up at." I suggested knowing that they wouldn't be able to hurt me in a public place. Right?

She agreed and we set the time for when it was going to happen. I was happy but still suspicious about the situation.

I opened my case of paints and brushes and set a canvas on the easel. I was at it for a while before feeling someone's arms around me.

"Good morning." He said kissing behind my neck.

"Hello," I said while turning around and pulling him into my arms, "I thought you would have left without saying bye."

"I would never." He pecked my lips.

It was always the best when Seungmin showed his affection for me. In high school he was lovable but now he showed it more and more. We talked for a moment before he had to get ready for school.

I didn't understand why he got out of school to go back to it, but I'll support him regardless. He wants to become a therapist and help everyone talk about their feelings.

It's all blah to me.

He tries to do the techniques he learned in class on me. But then he gives up after I refuse to open up. It's quite cute.

I wanted to catch him before he left so I could tell him about the agent. It would be bad if I didn't tell him why I wasn't going to be here tonight.

"I'm not going to make it to dinner tonight," I told.

He gave me a questionable eye as I continued. I mainly just repeated to him what Ms. Kim said to me. It was a long story and I kind of felt bad that I kept him here this long.

"And I'm going to meet her at a restaurant downtown."

Bomb dropped.

"Okay." He said, "As long as you come back in one piece."

I found it a tad bit scary that he thought I wouldn't. I'm not the best with scary things, so him saying that made me even more fearful to meet the lady.

I gave him a small kiss and sent him on his way before he was late.

And now, I have to figure out what to wear to this dinner.