.19.

When Seungmin made it home, he noticed Hyunjins shoes at the door. His parents dropped him off to make sure he made it home safely.

He walked around the house to find the door to the balcony open. When he walked closer to the door, he smelt smoke coming from the other side.

When his foot met the cold pavement, he was met with a disaster.

Hyunjin was sitting in one of the chairs with a cigarette in his hands, along with a half-empty bottle of Jack Daniels. He took a sip from the glass and then smoked the cig right after.

Seungmin leaned on the door frame and watched him look out onto the view.

"I didn't know you smoked." He said, ending the silence.

Hyunjin looked over at Seungmin with a straight face. He had no life inside him and the once calming aura had disappeared.

"Only when I need to," Hyunjin replied lowly.

The pain could be heard in his voice.

Since Seungmin had only met Hyunjins dad once, he never knew what he was like. Hyunjin always avoided the conversation about his parents and now Seungmin knew why.

Hyunjin never wanted anyone over at his house when his parents were home. Seungmin guessed that they were out a lot due to the number of parties Hyunjin threw in high school.

It hurt Seungmins heart to see this side of Hyunjin.

He didn't know what happened in their household, but judging from this reaction, it was clear.

"Do you need to today?" Seungmin said walking towards him.

"You saw what happened." Hyunjin said while being the cig to his lips, inhaling the smoke and letting it flow out his mouth, "It's always like that."

Seungmin stared at him with sorrow, not knowing how to comfort him.

"My parents... they're just so fucked up. They used to fight all the time, and I was always caught in the middle. After the fighting stopped, they just ignored me until they needed something. They noticed that neglecting me didn't give them the reaction they were hoping for, so they made my life a living hell after that. I figured if I moved out then I wouldn't ever have to see or talk to them again. But today just had to happen."

Hyunjin took another sip from his cup.

"They just acted like nothing happened." Hyunjin laughed, "Classic Hwangs, once again an amazing performance."

Hyunjin got up and downed the Jack Daniels bottle before Seungmin intervened.

"How much of this did you drink?" He said grabbing the bottle before Hyunjin could finish it.

Hyunjin stared at him blankly, "I don't think I can do this anymore."

He said before walking past Seungmin and into the house. Seungmin put out the cigarette and followed behind him.

"Are you drunk?" Seungmin said setting the bottle on the counter in the kitchen.

Hyunjin ignored him and began taking his clothes off to go to bed.

"Hyunjin?!" Seungmin said louder this time.

"It's better than being sober!" Hyunjin screamed back, "My parents hate me for what? I don't know. You hate me because that big brain of yours believes I cheated. Why won't you believe me? I don't know. And now you sleeping at a guy's house that you think is safe, but in actuality, all he wants to do is fuck you."

Seungmins eyes widened at the words coming out of his mouth.

"Hyunjin I-." Seungmin started as tears filled his eyes.

"Don't get all sappy with me," Hyunjin said heartlessly, "If known of this would have happened you would still be giving me the cold shoulder. Piss off."

Seungmin eyebrows relaxed at Hyunjins words. He watched Hyunjin turn around and into their once-shared room. He shut the door behind him and when Seungmin heard the door lock, he started walking towards the door.

He put his shoes back on his feet and stepped back outside. He was walking down the sidewalk and dialing a number.

"Hey." He said through sniffs, "I need a ride right now."

The person continued talking on the other line.

"I think he just broke up with me."