.21.

Seungmin finally made his way home after taking various buses and walking for miles. He was hoping Hyunjin wasn't there because of his outburst. Seeing Hyunjin in that state caused Seungmin to think of the whole situation differently. There are various sides Seungmin hasn't seen, like how he was around his parents.

He went through a lot but played it off like he had the best life. His parents are shitty and now Seungmin was treating him even worse. After seeing those text messages, Seungmin thought long and hard.

Once he walked into the house, there was no noise. He saw that Hyunjin's shoes weren't at the door, leading him to believe that Hyunjin wasn't home.

"Where could he have gone?" Seungmin sighed while looking at the mess in the house.

There was leftover food sitting on the counter and a small pile of clothes on the couch. There were a bunch of glasses sitting on the coffee table that were most likely filled with alcohol. As he looked around more, he saw his cat.

"Hey, Oscar." he said getting down to pet him, "I haven't seen you in a while."

Seungmin stood at the entrance of the small, cluttered house, staring at the mess before him. The weight of guilt and anxiety hung heavy on his shoulders, the remains of a situation he believed he had caused. His mind was clouded with regret, and he needed an escape, a way to distract himself from the trouble within him. Suddenly, an idea struck him like a bolt of lightning.

Without a second thought, Seungmin marched to the cleaning supplies cabinet. He went through the cluttered shelves until he found a worn-out broom, a dented dustpan, and a collection of cleaning sprays. A flicker of determination burned within him, a glimpse of hope that he could find solace in the simple act of cleaning.

Seungmin opened the windows, allowing the sunlight to filter into the dingy room. He took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of stale air and dust, and began his therapeutic journey.

With each sweep of the broom, he could feel the weight of his burden lessen. As he cleared away the debris, he imagined himself sweeping away his mistakes, one by one. Each stroke became an act of forgiveness, a physical representation of his desire to make things right.

Seungmin moved from room to room, methodically scrubbing surfaces and polishing away. He poured his energy into every task, focusing on the satisfaction of progress rather than the wind of thoughts that threatened to eat him alive. The rhythmic sound of scrubbing and the satisfaction of seeing a clean surface gave him a sense of control, a break from the chaos he had caused.

As he organized his belongings, folding clothes and rearranging furniture, Seungmin's mind began to clear. By the time he was done, hours had passed.

He sighed and plopped on the couch. As the exhaustion took over him, he closed his eyes and fell asleep peacefully.

Seungmin had been sleeping for about an hour before hearing the front door open. His eyes slowly opened to see none other than the man himself.

"Hyunjin?" He said slowly waking himself up.

He saw Hyunjin turn around quickly and run towards him. He slammed into him, almost tipping the couch over. He stayed there with Seungmin in his arms for a while before Seungmin wrapped his arms around him.

"I was looking everywhere for you." Hyunjin said holding him tighter, "When did you get here?"

"I need to tell you something." Seungmin said letting the long-haired man go, "It's about Dori."

Hyunjin sat back on the chair, "I have something to tell you about Dori too."

Seungmin looked confused.

He was thinking that Hyunjin had gone to visit him or something. If that were the case he was probably going to be on the news the next morning for murder. Seungmin wondered what Hyunjin had to say and how it pretended to Dori.

But before Seungmin could speak, his phone rang.

He looked at the contact and saw it was Dori. He showed Hyunjin the phone but then quickly declined it. He took a deep breath and looked into Hyunjin's eyes.

Before he could go any further, they heard a loud banging on the door.

"Suengmin!?" They yelled, "Are you in there!?"

Hyunjin quickly got up and walked over to the door. Once he opened it, he saw Jisung, almost breathless. He had his hands on his knees as he heaved for the air he had lost.

"I thought Dori had gotten to you guys." He said walking inside, "This is a nice place."

"Jisung?" Seungmin said standing to his feet with a smile on his face.

They embraced each other but knew that there were bigger things that needed to be addressed.

"Jisung told me a lot about Dori," Hyunjin stated, "I think you should hear about it."

The things that began coming out of Jisung's mouth came as a complete shock to Seungmin. The way he thought he knew Dori, wasn't the way Dori knew Seungmin.

As Jisung went on, Seungmin felt the fear build inside of him. Nothing could compare to the way he almost vomited at the information. Seungmin's heart skipped a beat. His curiosity peaked, and he leaned forward, eager to hear what Jisung was saying.

As Jisung's words pierced Seungmin's ears, a wave of shock and fear washed over him. His mind spun with a mixture of disbelief and worry. Dori suddenly seemed like a much darker person than he had ever imagined.

Thoughts raced through Seungmin's mind. Fear coursed through his veins as he considered the implications of what Jisung had shared. Seungmin soon became unable to bear the weight of the information alone.

"This can't be true." Seungmin said, "There's no way that's true."

"Well, it is." Jisung said bluntly, "You have to figure something out before he does something crazy."

"Like what?" Hyunjin asked.

"I don't know," Jisung said looking up at him, "I just wanted to make it more dramatic."