.23.

Hyunjin and Seungmin found themselves constantly looking over their shoulders, trying to avoid Dori's presence. His continuous apologies for the kiss and his desire to talk in person clawed on Seungmin's nerves, same to Hyunjin's growing annoyance.

As Dori's messages and attempts at contact continued, Hyunjin began to suspect something was wrong. Then, one day, a phone call disrupted their uneasy routine. Hyunjin's lying agent, Kim, was on the line. She dropped hints about her boss who planned on ruining his life. This person seemed to resemble Dori's behavior. The pieces started falling into place for Hyunjin, and he realized that Dori might be using Kim to drive a wedge between him and Seungmin.

Torn between curiosity and concern, Hyunjin agreed to meet with Kim. With Seungmin's blessing, they decided to confront Dori together. Seungmin believed that facing Dori directly might finally put an end to the harassment, either by forcing Dori to back down or by revealing his true intentions.

They had an idea of what he was planning but didn't know what to do about it. It was hard because Seungmin had to go to school with him and didn't want Dori to ruin his hard work when it came to getting his degree. 

They had a plan of their own, that wasn't a plan but they hoped it would solve the problem and get rid of Dori. 

---------

Hyunjin's determination burned like a fire within him as he walked into the restaurant where he had agreed to meet Kim. His emotions swirled between anger and a strange curiosity about what had driven her to be a pawn in Dori's scheme. Kim sat at a booth, her expression tense as she noticed Hyunjin's approach.

Without a word, Hyunjin sat down across from her, his eyes locked onto hers. "What is this about again?"

Kim's face paled slightly, but she held his gaze. "We have some talking to do. I need you to come back to us, to me. My boss is very powerful and could ruin your chance at making any sort of living from this industry."

Hyunjin's voice was stern as he cut to the chase. "When you say boss, you mean Dori?"

Hyunjin watched her confidence slowly spill out of her body. There was a silence between them before Hyunjin filled it with his words.

"I want to know why."

Kim's composure trembled, and her eyes glistened with a mix of guilt and regret. "Hyunjin, I... I didn't want to do it. But he... he threatened me. I had no choice."

Hyunjin's expression remained impassive. "Threatened you how?"

Kim let out a shaky breath, her façade beginning to crumble. "He knew.... something, something that could ruin me. He said if I didn't help him, he'd......"

Hyunjin's suspicion deepened. "And what was that something?"

Tears welled up in Kim's eyes as she broke down. "It doesn't matter now. All I wanted was to protect myself. I never wanted to hurt you or Seungmin."

Hyunjin's gaze didn't fall, though his heart softened slightly at the sight of her distress. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

Kim wiped away tears, her voice shaking. "I was scared. Scared of losing everything."

Hyunjin's voice remained firm. "But you were willing to hurt us instead."

Kim's shoulders slumped, and she let out a defeated sigh. "I know."

Hyunjin's gaze hardened once again. "Sorry doesn't change what you fucking did."

As Kim sobbed, Hyunjin couldn't find it in himself to offer comfort. Her actions had caused pain, and her tears were a consequence she had to bear.

Just as he was about to stand up and leave, his phone buzzed with an incoming call. It was Seungmin. His voice was frantic, trembling with fear and urgency.

"H-Hyunjin," Seungmin stammered. "Dori... he... he."

Hyunjin's heart raced as fear clenched his chest. "Where are you, Seungmin?"

---------

Seungmin's heart pounded as he stepped into the coffee shop where he had agreed to meet Dori. The air was thick with tension, and he felt a wave of anxiety wash over him. Dori sat at a corner table, fidgeting nervously. Seungmin took a deep breath and approached, his voice trembling slightly as he spoke.

"Dori." Seungmin began, his voice firm but shaky. Dori looked up, his expression a mixture of surprise and dread. Seungmin's eyes held a determination that hadn't been there before.

Dori hesitated before nodding, his eyes locked onto Seungmin's. "Yeah, I guess we do."

"It's just th-" Seungmin started before being cut off. 

"I'm so sorry about kissing you. I know I shouldn't have done it knowing that you have a boyfriend. It was stupid of me," Dori said letting his head fall into his hands, "I hope you can forgive me." 

The apology was close to convincing but that wasn't the reason for the meeting. Seungmin felt anger swelling inside him at the fact that Dori didn't want to talk about the real reason he was around Seungmin. 

Seungmin nodded his head, which seemed like acceptance in Doris' eyes. Doris' eyes lit up as a smile painted his lips. 

Seungmin's heart raced, his palms clammy. "I know who you are, Dori."

Dori's smile faded and a flicker of fear passed through his eyes before he quickly masked it with a forced smile. "I don't know what you're talking about, Seungmin."

Seungmin took a step back, his voice trembling with a mixture of anger and fear. "Don't play dumb with me. I don't know what fucked up game you're playing, but this is real life."

Dori's forced smile transformed into a scowl, and Seungmin saw a flash of anger in his eyes. "You don't understand, Seungmin. I just wanted a chance to explain myself."

Seungmin's resolve wavered for a moment, but he quickly gathered his strength. "I've heard enough lies from you. There's nothing to explain."

Dori's anger seemed to flare, and his fists clenched at his sides. "You don't get it, Seungmin! You owe me this chance to explain! You owe me a lot!"

Seungmin's heart raced as he took a step back, his fear growing. Dori's sudden anger was unsettling, and Seungmin could feel his pulse pounding in his ears.

"I have to leave." Seungmin stammered, his voice shaking.

But Dori's eyes darkened, and before Seungmin could react, he grabbed Seungmin's arm, his grip tight and painful. "You're not going anywhere until you listen to me!"

Seungmin's eyes widened in fear, his heart racing even faster. Dori's sudden physical aggression had caught him off guard, and he felt a surge of panic rising within him.

"Let go!" Seungmin's voice quivered as he tried to pull away, but Dori's grip only tightened. Seungmin's mind raced as he realized he was trapped, his fear intensifying as Dori's anger seemed to overtake him.

"Dori, please," Seungmin's voice trembled, his eyes pleading. "Let me go!"

For a moment, a flicker of realization crossed Dori's face, his anger momentarily subsiding. But it was replaced by frustration and desperation, and before Seungmin could react, Dori shoved him backward, causing Seungmin to stumble and fall against a nearby table.

Seungmin's heart raced as he struggled to regain his balance, his breath coming in panicked gasps. Dori loomed over him, his face twisted in a mix of anger and misery. Seungmin's fear had escalated, and he could feel his body trembling.

"Dori, stop!" Seungmin's voice quivered as he held up his hands in a feeble attempt to defend himself.

Dori's chest heaved as he glared down at Seungmin, his fists clenched at his sides. The moment hung in the air, tension, and fear. Seungmin's heart pounded as he realized the depth of the danger he was in, and he prayed that somehow, he would find a way to escape Dori's rage.