.9.

Hyunjin

The drive was quiet and nerve-racking.

My hands were firmly on the steering wheel my head swarming with worries. Seungmin told me not to be nervous because he knows ill do good but do I know that?

When I made it to the restaurant I parked in a spot across the street. People decorate the doors, some smoking, and others seemed to be waiting to be seated. I was hoping that this lady already made a reservation for this little meet-up of ours.

I sat in the car and caught my breath before stepping out. I've never been this nervous since I asked Seungmin to be my boyfriend.

I was sweating bullets then.

-----

"I would like to make a toast to yet another successful semester," Hyunjin said raising his glass, "For most of us at least."

"If your going to throw shade be direct," Changbin blurted causing everyone to laugh.

They went around the table saying what they loved about the past semester and how they were happy to have each other around. It was very wholesome and sweet, Chan almost went into tears.

Once they finished dinner, they rushed out of the restaurant and onto the city streets. They all walked to give their stomachs time to digest and to avoid going home. They felt free and safe when they were with each other and that didn't go unnoticed.

Changbin, Jeongin, and Chan were arguing about who was the best character in dragon ball Z. Lee Know and Jisung were being all lovey-dovey with each other. While Seungmin and Hyunjin walked with each other in silence.

It was not an awkward silence, more comfortable.

Just the two of them enjoying the night sky. It was cold, so the big jacket Hyunjin had on stopped him from getting any closer to Seungmin. The main thing he wanted was to touch his skin. There was something about Seungmin that pulled Hyunjin in. Something that kept him up all night.

"Oh, that looks good," Seungmin said while pointing at the cake shop on the other side of the road.

I looked up, being pulled out of my thoughts to see what he was talking about.

"Do you want some?" Hyunjin asked subconsciously.

He wanted to spoil him but then again he didn't want his liking to be shown too much. When Seungmin nodded his head Hyunjin looked ahead of him. Seeing that the others were too busy in their conversations, He grabbed a hold of his waist and led him to the shop.

They got inside and looked at the menu, well Seungmin did. Hyunjin was occupied with Seungmins's looks to pick something that he wanted to try. Seungmin jumped up and down while reading all the interesting cakes the shop had to offer.

When he finally chose one, Hyunjin bought it for him and they left. Their friends were out of sight at this point, but that didn't matter.

Seungmin got the Sugar Cookie cake with small water to wash it down. They stood outside of the shop so Seungmin didn't have to walk and eat. When Seungmin took his first bite, he shut his eyes and savored it.

It was one of his favorite flavors. He chewed and chewed before taking his next bite. Once he looked up, he noticed that Hyunjin was staring at him.

"What?" He said in response to the silence between them, "Is there something on my face?"

Seungmin looked at him with confusion written all over his face, but before he could respond, Hyunjin grabbed his face and pulled him into a kiss. Seungmin was caught off guard at first but then dropped his arms, allowing himself to fall into the kiss.

The boys had their lips locked for a while before pulling apart to catch their breath.

"Shit, I know that was straightforward. I'm sorry." Hyunjin said letting the boy go and stepping back. Seungmin opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by Changbin.

"You guys seem to have gotten lost." He said grabbing the cake from Seungmins hands, "You are our ride remember?"

He chewed it while walking away from them. Hyunjin looked up and avoided eye contact with him. Seungmin followed behind shortly. This has never happened to him before. Usually, people would ask him out before putting their lips on his skin.

He felt special.

****

The next day, Hyunjin showed p at Seungmin's door with a bouquet. Once the door was opened, he got down on one knee and said the words he's been practicing since he met Seungmin.

"Seungmin? I know it has been a long time since we've known each other, and nothing like this has ever happened to us before. The kiss we shared yesterday meant more than anything in my life. I know it was sudden and I shouldn't have ignored you after that, I was nervous, to say the least. I don't want you to think I am some sort of fuck boy that just kissed you just because, I would never. I've fallen head over heels for you ever since our eyes met. Could you please be my boyfriend?"

Hyunjins eyes were glued shut while he pushed the flowers to Suengmin's front. The only reason he looked up was because of Seungmin's laughter. He looked up and was slightly embarrassed because he believed that he was being rejected.

"Hyunjin please stand up," Seungmin said through fits of laughter, "I would have prepared myself more if I knew you were going to say that to me specifically."

Hyunjin rose to his feet while looking at Seungmin confused. What did he mean about Hyunjin saying that to him specifically?

"You had that paper plastered on your mirror for the longest time. I didn't know that you were going to say that to me." Seungmin said grabbing the flowers out of his hands and smelling them.

Hyunjin watched the boy in curiosity. Yes, it was stupid of him to leave the paper just lying around knowing Seungmin came over to his house sometimes. What he wanted to know was if it was a yes.

Hyunjin grabbed Seungmin's hands while catching his attention. Seungmin dropped the flowers to his side and kissed Hyunjin on the lips softly. Bringing Hyunjins lower lip between his teeth and letting it go shortly after.

"Yes."

-----

I smiled to myself while remembering that moment. Next thing I knew I was right in front of the doors to the restaurant. I told the host my name and she led me to my seat. To my surprise, no one was there.

"At least I get to calm my nerves down a little more," I said under my breath.

I got on my phone to distract myself. I texted Seungmin to see what he was up to at the moment, but there was no reply. I tried calling but there was still no response. I just wanted to hear his voice or see a text before I shit myself.

Before I could feel any sort of way, someone sat in front of me. I lifted my head from my phone and saw a lady with glasses on. She set her bag on the table and waved over a waiter.

"Could you get us two glasses of wine, and make it quick please." She said digging through her bag, "I'm not trying to be here all day."

I looked up at the waiter who was just standing there confused.

"Red wine is fine," I said to make his life a little easier. I gave him a warm smile before returning my focus to the lady in front of me. Her head was in front of her phone and he glasses reflected what she was doing.

Sending a text, Not paying any attention to me, very professional.

"I brought my portfolio to show the works I've done," I said reaching into the seat next to me and grabbing my bag, "If this helps you get to know me."

"No need I've already seen the work you call art." She said not looking up from her phone.

Ouch, this is going to be one long dinner.