Hopeless

Jennie POV:

I was sitting in my room, thinking about me and Jisoo's relationship. I don't know why but I started having these doubtful thoughts in my head. They kept coming over and over, and they wouldn't stop. I just wanted them to go away and leave me alone.

I heard the front door slowly open. I opened a book I had on my nightstand, sat down on my bed, and began to read it.

I didn't want to go downstairs. I knew if I did, Jisoo and I would start bickering and it would never end. I don't even think she loves me anymore. She hasn't given me any affection anymore.

I heard a light knock on the door. I knew it was Jisoo. I didn't answer it. It wasn't worth it. I kept reading my book. She knocked again. I didn't move.

She opened the door and saw me reading. I saw her walk over at the corner of my eye. I didn't make a move, or a sound. She sat next to me and rubbed my head.

"Jendeuke, I know you're mad at me, but we need to talk." I sighed and finally gave in, slamming my book shut and placing it next to me on the other side, where Jisoo was on the opposite side. "About what?" I asked, wanting to get this over with. I didn't want to get into a fight with her again, but she's testing my patience.

"About our constant fighting. I don't like it as much as you do." My eyes widened. "What are you saying?" I asked worried. Jisoo knew my concern and grabbed my hands. "We're not breaking up, Jennie. I'm just saying maybe we need some time and space."

I gave out a long sigh. "You really think that's what we need Jichu?" I didn't think that Jisoo would tell me that. Is that what we really need? I didn't want to leave her, I love her with all my heart. "Yeah, I think so. We've been fighting a lot. Maybe it's best if we split up for a bit." I nodded in agreement, knowing we both needed this. We just needed time and space. That's all, right?

Two years later.

I sighed as I got out of the cab and stood there motionless. I felt scared and sad at the same time, afraid of what to do next. Jennie Kim get ahold of yourself. It's the only thing left to do, and you know that. Did I? Was I just bluffing?

I took a deep breath, walked over to the small house, and knocked on the door. When nobody answered, I knocked again. That's when I heard footsteps. Someone was coming.

That's when the door opened and I saw her out of the flesh. Kim Jisoo, the one I chose to keep an eye on since middle school. The girl that stole my heart from those years, long ago. Now, here we are, after two years of being separated.

"Jennie?" Jisoo looked shocked to see me. Did she think I never come back? "Jisoo." It was all that came out. Nothing else. Just her name. "What are you doing here Jendeuke?" She played with her hands nervously at the sight of me being here.

"We need to talk, like right here." I told her. She nodded softly and waited for me to speak. I cleared my throat and began.

"Kim Jisoo, I loved you back when we were still in junior high, when you first caught my eye. It was nice to fall in love with you, and soon you felt the same way for me. Our relationship soon became official, and it was the happiest day of my life. We spent so much time together, cherishing one another. But soon after, we started growing apart. We started fighting constantly of stupid little things that didn't matter. It was breaking us apart, no matter how many times we apologized to one another for it. Then we decided to split apart and take a break for a while, and here we are two years later. Right here, right now."

I took in a deep breath before I said something that I knew was going to shatter the both of us. "Kim Jisoo, I longer wish to be your girlfriend, or the person to spend the rest of your life with. I'm sorry, but we've broke apart. There's nothing between us anymore. Nothing. I know it's going to be hard, but we'll find someone better in our lives, right?"

Tears began to form in her eyes as I spoke. I knew her heart broke into a million pieces when I spoke. I felt the same way, but there was nothing I could do.

"Jennie Kim, I respect your decision and I understand how you feel. I won't stop you from moving on with your life, as I have to do the same. It won't be easy for neither of us, but we all have to move forward. I hope we can see each other again someday."

She sniffed as she spoke between tears. I gave her a small smile and nodded. At least she understood.

We hugged each other one last time and said our goodbyes. I even gave her our final kiss before hopping back into the cab, looking through the window, and waving goodbye to the person I once loved, and her name was Kim Jisoo.

I stared out the window as we drove off, watching the sunset. It was going to be hard, but it was the only thing left to do.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I silently cried, wanting to turn back time and find out happiness again, even though I knew it wasn't possible.

Goodbye Kim Jisoo. I love you.