Three Words

Third Person POV:

"You're leaving and you didn't plan on telling me? You wanted your cousin Soojin to let me know so you could leave before I found out? For what Jennie?"

Jennie shut the door behind her lightly, staring at Jisoo. She didn't want to leave, but she had no other choice.

"Why are you leaving? Is it because of that prank I pulled on you last time? Because if it is, that's one way to get revenge." Jisoo chuckled. Jennie shook her head, but smiled at the thought of the prank.

After school, Jennie and Jisoo walked home together. Jisoo fell to the ground, pretending to pass out, which freaked Jennie out, and she almost called 911 until Jisoo whispered Jennie's name in Jennie's ear.

"Then what is it Jen?" Jennie sighed and walked over to Jisoo's bed, and sat on it. She motioned for Jisoo to do the same.

"Jen, before you say anything, I have to ask. Are you leaving because of me?" Jennie started I to Jisoo's eyes, knowing it hurt for Jisoo to ask that question. But to Jisoo's surprise, Jennie nodded.

"Jisoo, it's not really you. It's actually me. Don't get me wrong, your a great friend, but I just don't know how to tell you-" Jisoo put her finger to Jennie's lips.

"Is it me or is it Taehyung?" Jennie looked down at her feet. Jisoo eyed her curiously, while Jennie was thinking about what she should say. Just tell her Jennie. There's no harm in doing so. Get it over with already. She's your best friend. You can't get anything past her."If it's Taehyung I swear-"

"I'm in love with you Kim Jisoo." Jennie admitted. Jisoo's eyes widened in shock and confusion. She had no idea what Jennie meant.

"What do you mean in love with me? As a friend?" Jennie swallowed a lump in her throat and shook her head. Jisoo then knew exactly what Jennie meant by "in love".

Jisoo felt scared. A girl loved her. A girl. How would Taehyung react? How would her parents feel? Her other friends? What were they going to say?

"Jisoo, I've loved you since elementary school. It just happened honestly. Your charming as ever. I don't know why, but everytime I looked at you, you make my heart race. The feeling is wonderful. Amazing. I don't know why but it makes me smile."

"Jennie..."

Jennie couldn't let Jisoo speak. Not now. Not if this is the last time they'll interact. Jisoo needs to hear Jennie, and she needs to listen.

"And your my best friend, yes, but you've always been there for me through the highs and lows. Your the one I run to when I have a problem. When I feel lonely, you always have open arms. I love you Kim Jisoo, and that's never going to change, no matter what you say."

Jisoo shook her head. "Jennie, your a girl." Jennie smiled though she was hiding the pain inside, feeling the rejection already.

"I know Jisoo. I know. What's wrong with that?" Jisoo looked at Jennie in disbelief, like she had gone crazy.

"Jennie, I'm dating a boy. Your a girl. We're the same gender. Are you trying to tell me that you're gay?" Jennie nodded, still smiling at the older latter.

It hurt, yes, but Jennie felt something for Jisoo, and she couldn't hide it anymore. She had to come out now. She didn't care if Jisoo didn't understand. She doubted that she would've anyway.

"J-Jennie, I c-can't do this." Jennie still smiled while Jisoo was pacing back and forth around the room. Silence followed, while both girls were lost in thought.

"Kim, is this some kind of prank?" Jennie shook her head and glared at Jisoo. Did she really think Jennie wasn't being serious?

"Kim Jisoo, do you love me?" The question had been eating Jennie away for years. She wanted to ask it, but she never brought herself to do so.

"Yes Jennie. Your my best friend! What more do you want me to say here?!" Jennie let out a hearty laugh. She knew exactly what Jisoo meant.

"You don't feel the same. And that's ok. I didn't expect it anyway. You love me as a friend, but I love you as something more. Do you understand?" Jisoo gave Jennie a small nod, trying to hide her tears.

"So you're gay?" Jisoo asked once again. Jennie gave her a small smile and nodded. She let out a small chuckle as well.

"It's 2023. We're all gays. Yay. Love wins." Jennie said with a small laugh, though she knew it wasn't real.

"But I'm not! My god, I'm dating Taehyung! Who is a boy! A full on boy!" Jennie chuckled and shook her head.

"I know what a boy is Jisoo. I know what they look like. I'm not stupid. I know the difference between a male and a female."

Jisoo looked at Jennie once more, while both of them stared into each other's eyes. "Like I said, I didn't expect to love me back as something more. If you don't love me, then that's fine. I'm just going away for a little while. I need time."

Jisoo kept staring at Jennie, with tears making their way to her eyes. Jennie stood up and wiped Jisoo's tears away, while pulling her into a hug. One last hug.

"When will you be back?" Jisoo asked the younger girl as they pulled away. Jennie didn't answer she simply just looked at her phone to check the time.

"I should probably get going. My mom must be waiting for me. We have to finish packing up." Jennie walked over to Jisoo's bed and grabbed her bag.

"Is there anything I can say to make you stay?" Jennie didn't answer. She just walked past Jisoo and over to Jisoo's bedroom door.

Before she walked out, she looked over at Jisoo one last time. "I love you." Jennie spoke softly. Jisoo looked at Jennie through teary eyes.

"I k-know you do." At that was it. Jennie walked out of the room and headed home so she could finish packing.

Three words Jisoo. Just three words would've stopped me and I would've stayed. Those three words would've made me run back into your arms. Just those three simple words.

I love you. It was all you needed to say. I love you.