Depression

Third Person POV:

Jisoo was finally happy that she was home after a long and busy day at the Cafe. She didn't think the day would ever end.

She immediately kicked off her shoes and threw her keys on the table, feeling a sudden relief wash over her.

Jennie hadn't been feeling well for the past week.

Now Jennie wasn't physically sick, but she's unwell emotionally. She has been trapped in her thoughts and feelings, like she can't escape from them. A sudden depression has washed over her and taken over her mind.

Jisoo's protective instincts kicked in and she immediately ran upstairs to check on Jennie to make sure she was ok. But as soon as she reached the door, she froze before she could even push it open.

Luckily, there was just a small crack that she could peek through to look inside. Her worries grew as she heard Jennie crying.

But Jennie wasn't just crying. She was sobbing. Jisoo saw her hugging her knees to her chest, crying harder than she's ever cried before.

Jennie's depression had become too much for her to handle. She felt like she may never get better, and that she should just give up trying. Jisoo clearly knew that Jennie was worse than the days before.

Jisoo immediately pushed the door open and walked over to Jennie and sat down next to her on the bed. She softly put her hand on her back and began to rub it slowly, trying her best to sooth Jennie.

"Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong." Jisoo whispered as she sadly looked at Jennie, her heart breaking with each sob that came out of her lover's mouth.

"I can't." Jennie mumbled as she continued to cry.

Jisoo shook her head and kissed Jennie's cheek. "Yes you can. You know you can tell me anything."

Jennie sniffed and Jisoo let out a soft sigh. "I know this past week has been hard for you. I know you're hurting, but Jen I'm worried about you. Talk to me please. I need to know what's wrong, so I can help you get through it. Together. Like we've always done."

Jennie slowly looked over at Jisoo, tears streaming down her cheeks, and Jisoo continuously wiped them away.

"I don't know. I'm just...tired. Tired of everything. I feel like I should just give up trying." Jennie said, sobbing once more.

"Jen, you weren't having those thoughts since I've been working all week, right?"

Jisoo knew by the look in Jennie's eyes, that she had been, which only broke her heart once more.

"I'm sorry Jisoo. I just don't know what to do. It's just so hard. I feel like my mind trapped me like a prisoner. I think it's just hopeless." Jennie said, finishing with a long sigh.

"It's not hopeless Jendeuke. I promise it's not. You'll get better. It just takes time." Jisoo assured her, pulling her into a side hug.

Jennie only nodded tearfully.

"I know it may not seem like it now, but I promise you will get better. I can't say I know when you will, but I know you will. I know it isn't easy for you to handle all this, especially with everything your family did to you, and it isn't easy to fight, but I promise it'll be worth it. One day you'll look back and be grateful that you never gave up and fought through this horrible depression. I know now it may not seem like it, but just remember that the future is bright, our future is bright."

With Jisoo's words, a smile managed to appear on Jennie's face. She laughed a little and rested her head on Jisoo's shoulder.

"You're right. I shouldn't give up. And I know I'll have you by my side along the way, so I'm not alone."

Jisoo smiled. "That's right. We're in this together."

After they talked, everything seemed to be more calm. Jennie felt more at ease as she kept replaying Jisoo's words in her head. Jisoo turned to Jennie with a soft smile.

"Wanna watch a movie? It may help you distract yourself a little."

Jennie nodded and handed Jisoo the TV remote. Both girls were closer than ever before.

"I love you Jisoo." Jennie said, with her smile never leaving her lips. Jisoo planted a soft kiss on Jennie's head.

"I love you too Jennie."