Arguments and New Friends

*Edited: February 24th, 2019

Chapter 8: Arguments and New Friends.

"Uh." I look around then back up at Greyson who's just staring at me, waiting for me to fail.

Why does he always look so smug?

I muster up my courage and stand up straight taking a deep breathe. Total piece of cake.

"I reject you." I say confidently.

I frown when nothing happens. Am I supposed to feel pain? Maybe I did it wrong. Am I supposed to say something else?

"You did it wrong." Greyson says simply and I furrow my brows.

"Oh." Is all I can manage to say.

Well then how do I say it? I'm sure someone will tell me if I ask.

"No one's going to tell you." Greyson says matter of factly.

I'm sure they will, I bet if I-.

"Are you reading my mind?" I ask horrified and he scoffs.

"I was just wondering what you were thinking."

"That's an invasion of privacy." I state and he rolls his eyes. I want to punch him in his big fat head. Idiot.

Greyson obviously heard because he growls and I smirk happily.

"If you weren't rummaging around my mind like you lost your keys then you wouldn't have heard that." I state simply and start walking away to who knows where.

"Where are you going?" He questions and I keep walking.

No way am I telling him I don't know where I'm going.

A loud shriek and then the sound of splashing water meets my ears when I notice Tyler and the beta in the pool.

"Hey Val, why don't you join us?!"

"I'm going swimming." I state simply.

"So you're staying?" He questions and I shrug.

"You can say that for now." He seemed pleased with my answer, and doesn't stop me when I walk away. Once the pack house came into view I didn't waste time running inside, but I slip on water when two hands catch me.

"Need a hand?" Michael puts me back on my two feet and I feel my cheeks tinge pink. The fact I was so clumsy was always embarrassing.

"Er, thanks." I pretend to fix my hair to play off the fact I nearly slipped and broke my neck in one go.

"Would you happen to want a bathing suit?" He asks and I nod thankfully.

"That'd be amazing." He shows me to a hallway by the pools and opens a cupboard, holding piles upon piles of bikini's and they're all brand new, sporting tags.

"What size are you?" Michael asks and I look down at my body.

"Uhh-."

"Here, this looks like it'll fit." He says handing me a white bikini with gold stripes.

"There's a bathroom down there." Michael points and I smile.

"Thanks." I quickly walk down to the bathroom, strip my clothes, and put the bathing suit on while inspecting myself in the mirror.

This does fit, perfectly.

The pack house still amazed me with it's size, and I was even more amazed by the fact I didn't get lost trying to find the pool. Once I opened the back doors I see people of all ages playing and talking with one another.