Stupid, Ignorant, Alpha's

*Edited: February 28th, 2022

Chapter 11: Stupid, Ignorant, Alpha's.

{Valerie}

Fatigue weighed heavily on me as I sat up from my sleeping position on Greyson's bed. Voices that weren't my own continued to flood my head from the corner of the room with thoughts and opinions that again, weren't my own as they had for the past hour.

After what happened a few hours ago Greyson sent everyone home and personally escorted Tanner to the packs prison, but not before doing what he could to try healing me. I look down at my bandaged forearm.

After initially freaking out about Greyson trying to lick me, I found out that your mates saliva can heal a wound. While that's true, Sophe explained that being hurt by an Alpha almost always means you'll be left with scares.

The statement made Greyson absolutely livid, and I haven't seen him since.

"I don't understand why Greyson didn't just kill him when he had the chance. He tried to kill our Luna!" Sophe snarls and Michael scoffs.

"He knows Valerie would've never forgiven him, the only thing he's wanted all these years is her, he wouldn't trip at the finish line."

"That's why you aren't an Alpha, Sophe. You always act first and the think later." Sophe growls at Amy's comment but doesn't bother to argue.

"It's hard to believe that after all these years of being stable Tanner's wolf finally went off the deep end. I bet Greyson's beating himself up for letting Tanner get so close to her." Jessie's voice was soft compared to the arguments that continued to break out among the group.

"Are we all going to ignore the obvious? It's clear what Tanner's wolf wants now that he doesn't have Crystal." Raven's statement was through gritted teeth as I felt all eyes settling on me then turning away.

"Greyson will never let that happe-."

"I want to see him." The five wolves in the corner swiftly turn to face me, shock clear as day in their appearance. I hadn't spoken since we'd got back, and I knew they weren't expecting me to utter a word.

"Tanner." I finally lift my head completely to meet their eyes. Had you just walked in, you would've thought I asked them to kill their mates in cold blood.

"Absolutely not!"

"You can't, ever."

"Are you fucking crazy?"

"No!"

"Greyson will kill us if we do!" I huff and sink back into the mountain of pillows behind me at their responses, until Sophe steps forward.

"I'm not sure if you know this, but a wound with that amount of blood loss from an Alpha, on a human no less, could've killed you Valerie! Everyone here knows it! Greyson is going out of his mind playing through all the scenarios that could've happened because of his carelessness with you. He should've known better." Sophe's voice was incredulous towards Greyson making me glare.

"This wasn't Greyson's fault, he couldn't have possibly known Tanner was going to show up as a delusional psycho." A low growl had somehow managed to force it's way past my throat leaving Sophe wide eyed as I cover my mouth in shock.

Did I just growl, like a real growl? No, you have a bad case of bronchitis. Obviously you growled, dipshit! She's talking about your mate. I'm sick of you butting in when no one asked.

I clear my throat to cover up the small growl then hop off the bed, still feeling a bit light headed but brush it off.

"I'm going to see Greyson."