Black Magic

*Edited: February 28th, 2022

Chapter 10: Black Magic.

{Valerie}

"So do you wanna dance?" I turn around with a red solo cup pressed to my lips taking a sip of my juice frowning. Sadly Greyson knows I'm underage and won't let me near alcohol, so he gave me this instead.

"You want to dance with me?" I ask skeptically and he nods with a smile plastered on his face.

"Um, okay. Sure jus-." I'm immediately pulled to the dance floor but a hand stops me midstep.

"Valerie, where are you going?" Sophe asks with wide eyes and I nod my head to the guy who's patiently waiting for me.

"I was gonna dance, why?" She sends the guy a smile and wave then turns back to me.

"Alpha's are really possessive of their mates. Greyson is no exception." I cast a look across the vast mansion seeing Greyson in a far off corner talking to someone, while Crystal shakes her ass for all she's worth a few feet away trying to catch his attention.

Yeah, he'll get real possessive.

"Greyson has whatever he's got going on with Crystal, what I do shouldn't concern him." Crystal throws me a glare when I catch her eye causing me to give a deadpan face to a smirking Sophe.

"Enjoy it while it lasts, have fun." Sophe winks and I'm pulled to the dance floor once again.

"You know, I've never seen you before. Who's pack are you apart of?" He stops us once we've gotten closer towards the middle, mindlessly swaying in front of me, keeping his distance.

"Oh! That's because I'm not apart of a pack." This makes him cast a confused glance my way. Just as he was getting ready to speak a voice interrupts him.

"What kinda dancing is that, Williams?" A shaggy blonde beside us questions causing "Williams" to smirk.

"Respecting her boundaries, you should try it some time." He nods his head towards the woman who's swiveling her hips into his crotch and he shrugs.

"Not like she's saying no." He winks then guides the girl into the sea of people leaving just us two alone like before. I could tell he was going to revisit the conversation we'd abandoned moments before so I clear my throat.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name!" My voice was quickly lost to the music and loud conversation, but he managed to catch my words with a small smirk in return.

"Nathan, but people call me Nate." He yells over the music. After his small explanation he continues awkwardly swaying so I take a step closer, guiding his hands towards my hips.

"There's a little bit of touching in dancing." Once the words leave my lips there's a tugging feeling pulling at my heart, almost forcing my attention to see Greyson watching me across the floor, anger evident in his eyes.

"Then let's dance." I stumble forward as Nate pulls me towards him just as a looming presence settles behind me.

"Jesus Greyson, am I not allowed the slightest bit of fun?" Annoyance was clear as day on my features until I caught sight of Nate's paled face.

I didn't have time to turn around on my own accord. Moments after I saw Nate's horror filled expression, an iron clad grip was placed on my arm spinning me around.

"What the fuck is your- Tanner?" Saying his name felt like I was speaking about a ghost as my eyes lingered on his face.

Piercing yellow eyes glared down at me while the grip on my arm seemed to get tighter, and in no way was I oblivious to the lengthening canines peaking past his lips. Those bright yellows felt cold on my skin the longer he silently watched me, until an unsettling feeling took place in the pit of my stomach when I felt pain explode throughout my arm.