Ryan Matte

Chapter 39: Ryan Matte.

{Valerie}

"I don't like you right now." I mumble looking at Greyson's sleeping body.

I sigh as I lay there a little while longer feeling all cried out.

There aren't any tears left after six days.

'I highly doubt that.' Naomi challenges and I wish I could punch her.

'Shut up.' I growl then look at Greyson's eyes.

"I hope you're having a damn good sleep Greyson." I comment and he continues to stay still.

"You suck." I say again and I groan when he doesn't growl at me.

I wish he'd be angry that I said he sucks.

"Greyson you swallow!" I yell then look up and he's still asleep.

Damn, I really thought that would work.

The door opens and a guy walks in bewildered while I raise a brow.

"May I help you?" I ask and he looks at Greyson weirdly.

"Uh... the Alpha swallows?" He asks with a confused yet amused expression and my cheeks get red as I look at Greyson.

"No... Alpha Anderson doesn't swallow." I grumble and he smiles softly.

"Alright, good day Luna." He says then closes the door.

I turn back to Greyson and watch as he breathes quietly.

"See Greyson, you made a pack member think you swallow." I say and he stays still.

I sit up resting my head in my hands.

"You really know how to put a person's mood down you know." I say while looking at my shoes then back in the mirror.

I stare at my hazel eyes and blonde hair sighing.

What would I do if Greyson didn't make it? I have no back-up plan.

Where would I go? What would I do? Would I stay? Even though that I know in my heart Greyson will has to make it, what about when we're older?

Greyson and I won't live forever.

Technically we could, but everyone's time comes eventually.

What if there was a war? What would I do if Greyson was killed? Could I honestly handle that?

Could I survive that?

These are things I need to think about, important things I need to think about.

'Yeah well not right now!' Naomi growls with a yell and I nod.

Naomi's right. I need to think about these things, but not right now. I need to stay hopeful and positive. I need to keep strong and help Greyson in any way I can.

Greyson will make it.

* * *

"Alpha Anderson won't make it." My gaze snaps up to the young man that says this and I growl.

"Who the hell are you to say that?" I sneer while standing up.

My inner bitch is about to make her grand appearance and it's going to get ugly.

Who the hell does this twenty-year old dude in a T-shirt and jeans think he is? Telling me stupid shit like this?!

"I'm one of the best pack doctors in Europe." He states with pride and I raise a brow with a scowl.