Happily Ever After or Never After

Chapter 55: Happily Ever After or Never After?

Dedicated to: xxhannahherexx and all my lovely readers. Thank you all so much for reading my book (:

{Valerie}

I wake up to the sound of crying and spring up in the bed feeling in the bassinet next to me for Luke.

I realize he isn't there and the crying grows louder. I look to my side to see Greyson missing and my eyes widen.

Luke.

I jump out of the bed running down to his room and throwing the door open.

He's not here.

"Greyson!" I yell then run down the hall and the crying grows louder then comes to an immediate stop.

I run down the steps of the stairs looking around frantically when I see the door open.

Please, no.

I run out the front door as I hear Greyson yelling for me but I don't listen as I take a deep breathe of the air searching for Luke's scent.

Once I catch it I look in the direction it's going and it leads to the woods making me gasp then glare.

Someone is going to die today.

'Lukes gone.' I link Greyson then start running for the woods.

'What?!' Greyson yells and I continue running full speed for the forest.

A dark chuckle sounds through the forest causing a chill to run down my spine.

'Valerie where are you?' Greyson asks with panic in his tone.

That's when I hear Luke's cry but it sounds like it's being amplified and I cover my ears dropping to the ground, groaning.

Get up! I yell at myself and stand gritting my teeth looking for Luke.

I swear when I find this person I'm going to kill them.

Lukes cries go down until it's just a constant of him screaming making me panic.

"Dammit give me my fucking baby!" I yell then stop when I catch sight of a clear field with flowers and an old tree stump that holds Luke on the top.

I sigh in relief and run faster than I ever have before until I come crashing down next to the tree stump.

"Shh mommy's here." I whisper while cradling Luke in my arms then sitting criss cross on the floor.

At the sound of my voice and touch Luke immediately stops crying then looks up at me with glassy grey eyes as I stare back down at him.

I smile as relief floods through my being and I press my forehead against his.

Luke's soft tiny hands attempt to grab my face but his fingers won't listen so he just presses his hands to my face.

I smile wider hugging him close, scared that if there's too much distance between us he'll be taken away from me again.

I hear a rustle of leaves and my head snaps up in the direction to see Greyson standing there with disheveled hair and a relived expression much like the one I wore a few seconds ago.

I stand up and that seems to cut Greyson out of his trance as he runs towards me engulfing both Luke and I in his arms.

After a couple of moments Greyson says something that catches me by surprise.

"There was a traitor in the pack. She had taken Luke when I left to a pack meeting and you had just fallen asleep again. She snuck into our room then gave Luke, to who she won't say." Greyson says and I look up at him.

"What happened to her?" I ask quietly and he clenches his jaw.

"She's being dealt with how I see fit... which is the treatment I give rogues." Greyson says and I look down at Luke who's safely sleeping in my arms.

She must be going through some serious pain if she's getting treated as a rogue.

"Whoever the man that wanted Luke was, it was like he was taunting me." I say clenching my jaw as I remember how he laughed at me in my distress.

"We'll find him, and when we do, I'm going to kill him." Greyson says nonchalantly then hugs me closer.

"Eighteen years." A voice whispers and I look around as I feel someone watching me.

"I will have her." He says and I frown as I look at Luke.

Luke isn't a her.

"Can we go? I have a bad feeling." I tell Greyson and he nods.

We walk back to the pack house and I go into the living room.

"I put his bassinet in here for you. Amy's going to visit with you while I train." He says and I nod setting Luke in his bassinet then sitting down.

"Be nice." I tell him then kiss him softly as he smirks into the kiss.

"No promises." He winks and I roll my eyes.

A few seconds after Greyson leaves I walk into the kitchen grabbing two mugs to make some tea.

"Valerie I'm home!" Amy sings and I chuckle as she sets her purse on the table then on the couch.

"You've got the face of an angel." Amy cooes to Luke and I laugh then grab the two cups taking them to the living room.

"So I have something to tell you." She says as I set the two cups down then cover Luke with his blanket.

"What is it?" I ask as I sit cross legged on the couch then take a sip of my tea and she smiles.

"I found my mate." She says and I choke on my tea.

"Y-You did?" I ask trying to sound excited through my choking.

"Yes. He's freaking gorgeous. Ginger hair, brown eyes, tanned and toned body. He's just- wow to die for." She gushes and I smile at how excited she is.

Then her face drops.

"But he's an Alpha, so rude and I'm pretty sure he hates me." She says sadly and I frown.

"I don't know what to do." She continues then looks up at me expectantly.

I set my tea down then look up and I see Greyson through the window training and I smile.

He shows everyone postions to get into as he demonstrates on Michael then walks around inspecting everyones work.

And as if he feels my gaze he looks up at me and smiles while blowing a kiss my way.

I smile then turn back towards Amy.

"You drive him to the edge of insanity." I say with a small smile as I remember how I would get on Greyson's nerves.

"And then what?" She asks with a knowing smile and I grin.

"You fall in love."
° ° ° ° °
And that's the end.

Give me your feedback and comment please.

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
❤1434everr❤