Little Do You Know

Chapter 38: Little Do You Know.

Dedicated to: GummyBears4eva

{Valerie}

I walk over to her by the door but look at myself in the mirror completely stopping.

I know my emotions are getting out of control because my eyes are no longer hazel, but dark blood red reminding me of what I am. Reminding everyone of what I am.

Something inside me snaps as I stare at myself then my helpless mate in the reflection of the mirror.

I drink blood to survive. I drink blood from something that was once living and free...happy.

"You're beautiful." Sophe whispers as if reading my thoughts and I look at myself then in the mirror with disgust, only seeing a monster.

How could I possibly be beautiful? I was made as an abomination. I was made for darkness, pain, destruction.

I could take out groups of people with ease, packs, towns.

So how could that be beautiful?

Jessie walks in then gestures for me to follow her and the rest of the girls. I quickly do before I jump back into bed with Greyson, and soon we're outside.

"Okay, so what we need to talk about...you see, we weren't friends by accident. We're... special." Sophe begins and I just stare at her quietly the thoughts from earlier running through my mind.

What am I honestly? I'm a mythical creature, a nightmare that parents tell their children to frighten them into doing what they want.

I am a fairytale gone bad.

"So, we need to tell you, because it's time you knew. Valerie, listen. Get your head out of the gutter, you need to hear this." Sophe chastises and I look up at her with a raised brow.

Once it's clear she had my attention that's when she begins.

"It all started when Greyson's father died. Greyson was the next Alpha, but being as he was only sixteen, his mother stepped in and took the role as leader of the pack. Alpha and Luna. She was truly an amazing women. Greyson was seventeen, almost eighteen when the accident happened." Sophe spoke sadly as she neared the end and I see grief over take all their features and a bad feeling settles in my stomach.

The urge to push my problems aside and comfort them is strong but they said I need to hear this.

"You were small and innocent when Greyson found you for the first time. He immediately knew you were his mate, but for your sake, he chose to come around every so often, not wanting to scare you. He was very considerate of your feelings. Now, I know you can remember when that black wolf attacked you and then Greyson came." Sophe says and I nod remembering like it was yesterday.

"Greyson was so scared and furious that these hybrids of vampire and werewolf were after you, it scared the living daylights out of him." Sophe says and she gulps.

Here comes the bad part.

"He loved you, so very much Valerie." Sophe says choking up and I feel my heart constrict.

What did I do this time? I think with wide eyes.

Great, been causing trouble since 1998.

"Greyson then left you, fearing for the worst. He was scared someone would go after you again. Now the accident, you would've been twelve at the time, Greyson seventeen. With the grieving of his father and not being able to see his mate, Greyson started spiraling into this- this-." Sophe stops talking as she starts sobbing and Amy gets up to hug her as Jessie takes her place.