Wicked Arrangements

*Edited: March 1st, 2022

Chapter 15: Wicked Arrangements.

{Valerie}

I blink once, twice, then repeatedly trying shake off the fatigue clouding my vision. Rays of sunlight pour into Greysons room, and at the foot of the bed. I stretch out and take instant notice of the empty presence in bed, just as the memories of last night flood to the fore front of my memory.

I relax further into the bed before turning to the side, reading the bedside clock.

12:56pm

Talk about sleeping the day away my Goddess.

I spring out of Greyson's bed hopping around to tug his shirt back on and over my body. I didn't waste time stumbling my way onto the correct side of the pack house to my guest room, praying I could take a quick shower and make something of my day still. Once I walked in there was a bag of new clothes and toiletries, with a small note saying, "I bought this for now, we'll go shopping soon -Grey."

Finally! I was just glad to get clothes, even if they were from my own house.

I close the bedroom door contemplating what I wanted for breakfast, no real overwhelming priorities at the moment. I slip off my panties and Greyson's shirt while stepping into the steaming shower. After being lost in thought for a solid thirty minutes I finally jumped out to get dressed and ready in a pair of soft black skinny jeans and a red crop top.

It was well into the afternoon and too late for a breakfast, so I settled on making an easy grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup, humming as I go. Not too long after I finished cooking and was just about done, the peaceful silence was broken.

"Finally Sleeping Beauty is here, where've you been all morning?" Amy's laugh resonates around the kitchen while I cast a sheepish smile towards her.

"Long night, overslept big time." It was true, technically I was up pretty late talking with Greyson.. until suddenly we weren't.

"By the way I was heading back to the pack house from town when some girl stopped me, gave me this note and told me to give it to you. Not sure what it was because I didn't wanna snoop." I take the last bite of my grilled cheese and pushed the soup away as she hands the crumpled piece of paper, a small "V" with a heart after on the outside of the paper.

"Hey I'll be right back, I forgot my gum upstairs, be right back!" Amy taps the counter as to drum roll her way back upstairs, leaving me to unravel the tattered note.

"Dear Valerie,

You've kept me waiting long enough. We had a deal, it's the end of the month. You'll be seeing me very soon, and the only answer I want to leave your lips better be that you've completed what I asked. Don't disappoint me, I'd hate to see you sorry.

         With Love,
                      Darren"

My chest suddenly constricts as I rip the paper apart and toss it into the trash after cleaning up my mess. I knew I needed to tell Greyson, not know what kind of threat Darren can cause even if my mate is seemingly more than capable.

"Hey Valerie, I was- are you okay?" Amy had a skip to her step until she took in the expression I wore, frowning and changing her posture to a slow walk.

"Yeah, I'm okay, just need to talk to Greyson soon. Do you know where he is?" I begin to get out of my seat until I see Amy wringing her hands with a sigh.

"Uhh he's actually not in the house today, neither is Michael. They're dealing with pack business today. But hey if you're looking for something to keep you occupied I have a friend you'd love to meet!" She had a glint to her eye that made it clear she was up to no good and my eyes widen.

"Whatever you're thinking, no. Greyson and I are on great terms and I-."

"Oh come on. It'll be fun! Branching outside of your social bubble always is." Raven says enthusiastically, while appearing randomly in the kitchen.

"Might. As in may not go well." I bite out with crossed arms, she just laughs while grabbing a muffin off the counter, simply passing through the kitchen leaving just as randomly as she came.

"Nonsense! Spending some time outside of people in the pack is good for you. He can give you great insight and different perspective into all things supernatural, he's volunteering at a cafe a couple miles from here. Just drop in and tell me what you end up learning." I can't deny I was intrigued. I wanted to hesitate just to avoid having to get out of my comfort zone and meeting someone knew, but eventually I cave.

What the hell can happen?

The two of us soon after jump into the car and pull up to the cafe after a short ten minute drive. The gravel crunched beneath my combat boots as I stepped outside, taking the secluded yet comforting cafe in. I send a short glance to Amy who smiles, "Go! I'll be by later, I have to grab some stuff a few minutes away then I'll join you two."

"I'm guessing he's a werewolf." I state, Amy only smirks.

"Try Vampire." Amy says, waving me off with an encouraging smile before stepping on the gas, and I gulp.

Vampire. No big deal, not like they literally suck on human blood! I mean come on, they're not in danger, vampires find werewolf blood disgusting unless it's their mate. Who am I kidding, I don't want to die yet, what if this dude loses control and bites me?!

I take a deep breathe and relax, Amy wouldn't leave me with someone that would hurt me. With that in mind I open the cafe door wishing I hadn't.

Darren. It's always Darren.

I freeze the moment I notice him, my eyes wide with shock and his grin full of arrogance as if I'd walked right into his trap. In a way I had, the entire establishment was as empty as can be.

"You really couldn't leave me be." I scowl coldly, distaste clear as day in my features as he gives me a knowing smile.

"Oh Valerie, you know I can't do that. Besides, I know you're dying to find out how I knew your parents.. better yet, how you came to be promised to me."

This should be interesting.

***

Okay I have finally released the FIFTEENTH chapter! Yay woo hoo! Tell me if you guys liked this chapter.

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
❤1434everr❤