PROLOGUE

'Words are a fragile thing, but they break the strongest of hearts.'
-Kavya Dixit

"What?! do you think I enjoy this?"
Honjoong argued.

"This infatuation of mine? this horrible need to know you are okay? To realise you can hurt me in a way no one has ever been able to?"

"Well, stop it then!" seonghwa retaliated. Tears threatened to fall.

"If caring about me is such a nuisance to you, stop it! it doesn't do much for either one of us!"
Seonghwa responded with hot tears now trailing down his face.

"I CAN'T. That's what kills me. The fact that you can even ask that of me just shows how ignorant you are about the power you have over me."
Hongjoong snapped.

guilt washed over him as he watched the boy in front of him, eyes red from crying and face wet with tears. and yes, He didn't like the fact that they were fighting but he had to convince him somehow, anyhow.

"This is not about me. It's about you. I don't want to see you in that state ever again."
Honjoong begged the boy in front of him to reconsider. Tears now streamed down his own face.

"i-it won't happen again and you don't need to look out for me anymore."
seonghwa sobbed looking up at Hongjoong straight in the eyes, knowing damn well that he was saying bullshit.

"you are a terrible liar," hongjoong stared right back.
"you deserve so much better!"
He started looking helplessly at the boy in front of him.

"Why can't you just leave that sorry excuse of a human!?"

"I just can't-"
He was cut off by the man, yearning for an answer.

"Why?!"

Seonghwa stayed quiet.
He couldn't possibly tell the man in front of him the truth.

"Am sorry but I don't see why I have to tell you my reasons."
He answered wiping his tears and gathering his things to get the hell out of that apartment.

"I don't want your apology." He scoffed. He was broken by the words coming out of seonghwa's mouth.

"don't apologise if you are just going to keep doing this shit, apologize when you are actually going to change and leave him."

Seonghwa couldn't stand being there anymore.
"I truly am sorry!"
He said and looked at the man before opening the door and leaving.

"Why can't you just tell the truth?"
Hongjoong whispered.

~coming soon~

🍒