20: When the music stops...

His ears rang. He couldn't hear a single thing they were saying to him. "Mr. Kim?"

Hongjoong looked away from the ground to the officer's face. "...yes?"

The officer gave him a pitiful look. "I was asking if you have his family's contact so that we can call to inform them."

"Umm...yeah." He scrambled for his phone in his pocket and pulled it out. He opened Wooyoung's contact and was about to read it out for the officer when a faint ringing was heard in the quiet apartment. The officer left him in favour of looking for the source of the sound which he found was coming from Hwa's phone that was between the couch pillows. He brought it over to Hongjoong and showed him who was calling. Hongjoong gulped heavily. "It's his brother."

The officer gave him the phone and Hongjoong looked at it for a second longer and slid the answer button. Wooyoung's cheery voice greeted him. 'So, hyung. About tomorrow, how about we meet in the cafe next to my campus?'

Hongjoong felt like he couldn't do it. He didn't want to be the one to tell him his brother was no longer with them. But he knew the younger who have preferred if Hongjoong told him instead of a stranger. "Wooyoung...?"

There was silence for a second. 'Hongjoong?! What are you doing with Hwa's phone?' Hongjoong could hear the clear confusion in his voice.

He gulped. "Wooyoung. Something has happened."

'What's wrong and where is Hwa?' The panic in his voice was becoming evident with each word.

"I don't know how to tell you this but something bad has happened to Seonghwa."

'Hongjoong. What is happening?'

Hongjoong held back his tears. "Am so sorry Woo but Seonghwa was stabbed and he's dead."

There was deadly silence but Hongjoong could hear when the other dropped something that broke upon impact. 'Please tell me you are lying.' His voice shakily asked.

"I'm so sorry, Woo." He instead said.

'Where are you?' He asked.

"I'm at his apartment right now."

Hongjoong had hurried steps and the closing of a door. 'You best tell me his address right now.' He harshly asked.

Hongjoong sighed. "There's no need to come here. Just go to the hospital instead. That's where they are going."

'Alright, just hurry and text me the address for the hospital' He said and ended the call.

Hongjoong stared at the wallpaper they recently had taken. To think that was just weeks ago. He was going to rub his face with his hands but remembered they were still bloodied and he just stared at the wall in front of him.

This all had to be a bad dream. A painfully similar dream.

♡♡♡

Wooyoung would not believe it. There had to be some horrible mistake. There was no way that- No, he was not going to think about it. He just had to confirm it for himself. He must have misheard Hongjoong. Yeah. He was just hearing things.

His brother was fine.

He burst through the hospital doors looking for his brother. His mind was scrambling to form coherent sentences as he spoke with the nurse. He knew he was not thinking straight as he rambled rapidly to the poor nurse who was struggling to understand him as best as she could. "Wooyoung?" He heard someone call him and he turned around to see Hongjoong behind him.