17: My love, all mine and yours

Seonghwa looked around the older's apartment. The last time he had been there, so much was happening that he didn't pay attention to it. Seonghwa could see the artistic side of the older in the way his apartment was presented. Unlike Seonghwa's which was pristine white from the floor to ceiling, Hongjoong's had colour and life, from bright colourful walls and plants hanging from the walls and he could see how it reflected the older. It felt comforting and inviting.

He was still looking over the older's apartment when he heard Hongjoong hiss in pain. How could he have forgotten that the other was injured and probably needed his help? He went in search of the older who was probably treating himself if his hissing in pain was anything to go by but he was right because he found the other with the first aid kit out already trying to treat himself. He walked over to him and took his slightly bruised hand in his. "Let me." 

Hongjoong tried to move away from his reach. "You don't need to. I can do this myself."

"But I want to. Just think of it as he repaying you for treating me last time."

Hongjoong hesitated at first but ultimately agreed with a slight nod. Seonghwa led them both to the couch where they could both comfortably proceed. Seonghwa sat in front of him and gestured for him to give him his hand. Hongjoong sighed as he reluctantly gave over his hand. The younger got to work, applying the ointment on his bruised hand. Luckily for him, it wasn't too badly injured but the two of them were generally quiet as Hwa treated him until he spoke. "Why did you do that?"

Hongjoong couldn't see his face since he was looking down focused on his hand but it left him the view of the crown of his head. "Because he is an asshole."

Hwa nodded his head, reaching in the kit for a bandage. "I get that but you hurt yourself in the process too."

"My hand will heal just like his face. Too bad I didn't knock out some teeth while I was at it." He lightly joked.

Seonghwa shook his head but he had a small smile. "Still, you could have hurt yourself badly."

Hongjoong smiled smugly, now that Seonghwa was looking up at him. "Are you worried about me?"

Seonghwa raised an eyebrow, clearly not impressed and removed the wrapping from the bandage. "Yes, I am. Hyun is unpredictable and dangerous."

"Guess I was lucky." He smiled.

Seonghwa rolled his eyes and put the plaster on his wounds. "Yeah, this time but please don't let there be a next time. I won't be this gentle next time."

"Next time? There will be a next time?" He smirked.

"Am guessing by the way you have a first aid kit means this isn't a one-time thing." He packed everything up.

Hongjoong scoffed, "So you think I pick fights with random people?" He playfully questioned.

"I did not say that." He sighed and looked back at him. "But please just be careful. Promise me you won't do something stupid like this next time." He begged looking deep into his eyes. 

Hongjoong smiled and tucked a few loose hairs behind his ear. "Am afraid that is something I can not promise you. I am more than willing to put my life in danger if it means you would be safe."

"What if I don't want that?" He held onto the hand still on his face, leaning in closer to him. "Does my say not matter?"

He shook his head. "Seonghwa, I love you so much that it hurts sometimes. If I can protect you from further pain then I am willing to risk it so that you won't go through anything like that again."

"Am I worth that much?" His eyes glistened with unshed tears.

"I would give so much more just for you." He smiled down at him.