18: Here with you from now on...

Today was the day he was ending things with Hyun officially. He hadn't been able to sleep at all that night. He had been awake by the time the sun had peeked behind the shades. He looked to his side where Hongjoong lay fast asleep and removed the few strands of hair from his face. He had been staying with the older the whole time. He smiled. He had told Hongjoong that he was going to meet up with Hyun the previous night which of course, he adamantly refused, but after convincing him that this was something he needed to do, he agreed. But then he asked to go with him, but he assured him that he would be fine by himself, this was something he needed to do alone after all.

He hugged his legs as he stared at the other a goofy smile on his face. Was it possible to be this in love with someone? He knew he had not yet directly told him, but he would, in his own time when he was ready. He would say it this time when he meant it and not because he felt pressured to do so. And he was glad Hongjoong had not forced him to say in back despite the fact the older told him every chance he got how much he loved him. "You should take a picture it lasts longer that way."

Seonghwa blushed bright red, unaware he had been staring for a long time that he hadn't noticed he had woken up. "I don't know what you are talking about." He awkwardly cleared his throat and shifted.

Hongjoong smirked, plotting his head on his arm. "What are you feeling shy now?"

Seonghwa groaned, and the older laughed. "Shut up." He threw his pillow at him, which the older easily caught while still laughing. Hwa rolled his eyes and removed the blanket from himself. He had to get out of there before his cheeks turned even redder but he felt a tag on his wrist.

And the next thing he knew, he was lying flat on the bed while Hongjoong towered over him with a smirk. Hwa blushed and looked away. "Where are you going?" He was very much enjoying this.

"You know I have to meet up with Hyun. I need to get ready." He tried to get up but Hongjoong stopped him.

"So, are you nervous?" He softly asked, his tone more gentle unlike a few seconds ago when it was playful. "If you are, I can come with you. But only if you want, of course."

Was he? He couldn't quite put a name to what he was feeling. "No, I am not, and like I told you yesterday, I'll be fine." He honestly answered. "This is something I have to do alone plus if Hyun saw us together he might go ballistic. and do something stupid." He sighed, imagining the chaos that would erupt if Hongjoong tagged along with him.

Hongjoong looked at him still apprehensive. "Hwa, you barely slept last night. You can't tell me that you aren't nervous or that something isn't going on? You failed to sleep the whole night. Is something else bothering you?"

He sighed. He, too, was confused about what he was feeling. "I don't know exactly what I am feeling, but I am sure it isn't nervousness."

"It's alright to not know how you feel as long as you know that I am 100% here for you if you ever need someone." He reassured him with a smile.

Seonghwa smiled back. It felt nice to know that someone was waiting for him, and he could easily fall back on him if he needed to. He wrapped his arms around his shoulders and dragged him down into a short, delicate kiss. It was times like this that he was grateful he could express how he felt without saying anything. He felt Hongjoong slightly caress his cheek as he deepened the kiss, and he gladly accepted it. They only parted from each other when they needed to breathe, but they were both panting slightly as they stared at each other. Hongjoong chuckled. "What was that for?"

"I just wanted to thank you." He playfully grinned at him while running his hands up and down his arms.

"You could have easily said so." He teased.