7 부: Little Talks

"Will you marry me?"

"....yes."

Hyun immediately got up and hugged the other and whispered to him."Now we'll be together forever." The words sent shivers down seonghwa's spine that made him feel sick.

"Congratulations, Seonghwa!!" His father pushed through the crowd to congratulate the now-engaged couple. Seonghwa wanted to cry. He wanted to tell him he was unhappy and Hyun wasn't who he painted him to be, that he wasn't the sweet, caring and loving boyfriend that he claimed him to be but he couldn't instead he put on the same fake smile he had perfected over the years.

"Thank you, Dad," Seonghwa said while hugging his father.

"Now I know your mother can rest in peace and know you are in good hands. She will definitely be so proud and happy for you." His father said tearing up. He knew his father missed his wife whenever big events like this happened and the other wasn't there to see it. He felt so guilty for something out of his control.

' She would probably be disappointed with me.' Seonghwa did think so but he wasn't going to speak on it because, in all honesty, he felt like it was his fault he was in this mess.

○●○

Now the question is on everyone's mind.

How did Seonghwa meet Hyun?

Well, you see it happened 3 years ago.
Seonghwa had freshly entered college and was enjoying his newfound freedom as a new student. He was thankful his father allowed him to be an average student and have a real experience and frankly, he was enjoying it until that dreadful day. Seonghwa can still clearly remember that day like it was yesterday. He woke up that day like normal and went to his classes and did everything like normal but when his dad called him that afternoon, he knew something was wrong. His mother had been in an accident that afternoon and sadly didn't make it, he felt like his whole world had stopped.

He was heartbroken and devastated, of course, he was very close to his mother and just to lose her so suddenly like that broke him and a part of him died that day too. After the funeral, Seonghwa naturally decided to take a break from school for a year. It was during this time when Seonghwa had come back and was so vulnerable and still hurting that he met Hyun.

Hyun was two years older than Seonghwa and had recently transferred to their school. To say Hyun wasn't popular would be a lie. Hyun was rich, handsome and among the smartest in their class which made him all the more desirable in everyone's eyes. The two hadn't interacted much since they rarely crossed paths with each other and it would have stayed that way but he happened to find Seonghwa one day, crying and having a meltdown in the school's storage closet and that was where they finally met. He, of course, comforted him and helped him. But after that day, they slowly got to know each other as friends and Seonghwa was fine and content with them being just friends and they would have reminded as such until Hyun confessed to him. Seonghwa didn't like Hyun like that in the beginning but when he asked his friends for advice, they encouraged him to give it a try saying 'What was the 'worst' that could happen?' so he accepted him, a mistake clearly.

And so Seonghwa accepted Hyun and man was that a bad idea. Hyun was sweet, caring, loving and attentive to him in the beginning. Everything you would want in a partner. He would occasionally take Seonghwa on these cute little dates and would give him small gifts which made his heart flutter at the small actions. Honestly, Seonghwa loved the love and attention he was receiving from the other. He was still hurting from the loss of his mother, which he hadn't properly dealt with and Hyun was a good distraction from his ever-aching heart, and soon enough Seonghwa started to like him back.