Special: Sunshine on an Innocent Day

'The innocent and the beautiful/ have no enemy but time~
-W.B Yeates

~ Summer of 2009~

10-year-old seonghwa loved running in the forest on a warm sunny day and generally being in the sun joying his day. The school had just closed for the summer break and his mother had allowed him to play outside with his little brother and their friends on the condition they were back before dinner...

"So what game do we play?" Yeosang asked.

"How about hide and seek?" Wooyoung shrieked excitedly.

"Sure, but who will be the seeker?" Seonghwa asked. The boys stopped to think of how to 'fairly' chose someone to seek cause truly being the seeker was the worst part of the game.

"How about rock, paper, and scissors the loser will be the seeker!" Felix exclaimed.

"Sounds good to me," Hyunjin said.

After about 30 minutes of playing the game between the 6 boys, the loser was finally decided. It was han who was to look for them.

"Why did I have to lose?!?!"
Han whined making the others giggle.

"Better luck next time."Felix comforted the boy.

"Before han starts, make sure not to go near the lake and make sure to at least hide with someone,"
Changbin told the rest. As the oldest, he felt it was his responsibility to keep the others safe to the best of his abilities as a 12-year-old.

"Okay, we won't go there. Now can we start the game?" Wooyoung started getting tired of the nagging.

As soon as Han was given the okay to start, he turned to face the bark of the tree while the others began to sneakily run to the nearby bushes and trees.
"1...2...3...4...5...6......" Seonghwa could hear as the counting got quiet and quieter.

'Han will never find me!'
Just the thought of winning the game and the others whining faces made him giggle. He wandered deeper into the forest, completely forgetting the elder's words. After about 5 minutes of aimless walking, seonghwa suddenly stopped walking. He had forgotten to mark where he was going.

'wait where am I?'

He asked himself while looking around his surroundings completely surprised as to where he was.
'what!? This doesn't look familiar?! don't tell me I'm lost?!?!'

It wasn't their first time playing in the forest but for some good reason, today, he didn't know where he was. Deciding to walk farther into the unknown (which if u ask me is a bad idea and would not recommend it) to find his way back to his friends possibly.

After about 5 minutes of trying to navigate his way, he decided to first sit down and calm himself as he could feel himself starting to panic.

"Just where the hell am I?"
The boy thought out loud sitting down on a tree stump.

"you're about 5 meters from the lake in the north."
A voice seemingly replied to his question.

'i must be really tired. I am now hallucinating things.'
Seonghwa thought to himself while looking around to find the possible source of the voice.

"What are you doing??"
The voice questioned.

"Is that u god?!?! If it is, could you help me?! I could use your help right now!"

The once peaceful forest was filled with the most angelic laughter he had ever heard.
'What a pretty lauğh!' Seonghwa thought to himself.

"who's there?" the boy asked.