16: Love in the Dark

Seonghwa was mad.

But not at anyone but more so at himself. After Seonghwa had left Hongjoong's apartment, he decided to stay in a hotel for a few days. Luckily for him, he had his card with him and was able to book a room but he was a mess the whole time there and he finally understood what San meant when he said he would know.

Now he knew he loved Hongjoong and was sure more than ever that it was hurting his very being. Hongjoong's confession had taken him by surprise but it was what made him realise his feelings. As soon as those words fell from the older's mouth he knew. He too loved him back.

But he couldn't let himself say it back and maybe that's why he said some really hurtful words instead. As if it wasn't already bad enough that he was in a helpless situation with Hyun. He hated the way his heart was aching and that he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't even know where to start. He wanted so desperately to get away from him but it felt like he was back to square one.

He sighed and looked out of the cafe's window. The sun wasn't as pleasant and blazing as it was a few weeks ago and he could see the signs of autumn nearing as the once-green leaves turned to bright oranges and yellows and the air held a slight chill in it.

He looked back into the cafe and his eyes naturally landed on the people sitting before him. He would have preferred to be anywhere else but here. "You said you wanted to talk, so I don't know why you invited your mother with you." He addressed the male before him not caring that he was being rude.

Hyun grinned unaffected by his words but his mother on the other hand looked appalled by him. "There's no need to be so bitter, Hwa."

Seonghwa nearly laughed out loud. He had every right to. "What do you want?" He ignored what he just said.

Hyun leaned back, a smirk on his face. "As you are very much aware, our engagement ceremony is next week."

Seonghwa quirked an eyebrow, confused. He clearly remembers telling Hyun that he was breaking up with him so why mention a ceremony that was not going to happen? "What engagement ceremony? I told you am breaking up with you."

Mrs Lee smugly smiled. "Hyun didn't tell you? The ceremony is still going to happen."

Seonghwa frowned as he looked at the two in front of him. What were they up to? "Hyun, what is your mother talking about?"

"Well you see Seonghwa, the engagement will happen. You must have forgotten but the public doesn't know we are married and I can easily reveal it and turn the story against you. Make it seem like you were a terrible partner plus I have some photos that can help sell the story. Make you the villain if I must." He lowered his voice so that only the three of them could hear. "Now that wouldn't be good for your image would it?"

Seonghwa clenched his fist. Knowing Hyun, he could easily do it. "What do you want?"

Hyun smiled. "That's more like it. Anyway, the ceremony must go on."

"Why? You can easily cancel it. It's not like anyone will care."

Hyun clicked his tongue, getting annoyed by his questions. "You ask a lot of questions. Just make sure to be there or else the headlines won't be looking good for you." He threatened before standing up and walking away, leaving Seonghwa with Mrs Lee, unfortunately.

Mrs Lee looked at him and clicked her tongue. "I won't say much but make sure to wear something appropriate for the event. The theme is white so wear something matching. We can't have you looking out of place for your party. Well, I'll be off." She looked at him one last time and walked off, muttering something under her breath.