1-Bahrain

I lift up my helmet and feel everyone staring at me.

It feels good to finally be back on the track and to start the season with a victory is something I would've never believed a year or two ago. I embrace my team in a big hug as they come running towards me.

The public is just looking at me with shock. No one knows what's going on and no one reacts to what is happening. Not even the boys are doing anything. The first ones to react are the reporters and journalists who all come running towards me and shout wildly all sort of questions into my direction. I'm just walking away from them in the direction of my team garage. I push past the boys and the audience until I reach it. In my eye corner I spot someone coming along with me but I don't take the time to look who it was.
Apparently that was also not necessary because just as I sit down and start to drink something a very angry looking Charles Leclerc storms into my room.

"why? why the fuck are you here? To destroy my hard work? To take my place? The victory was mine and it was safe and you come here and think you can do whatever you want on your first fucking race?!" he's clearly furious and he's shouting at me so loud that the media on the other side of the world will probably hear it too.

"hello to you too, thanks for the heartwarming welcome to the team" I answer him sarcastically.

"what do you think you're doing here"
of course he will start to fight again

"racing, or what does it look like" I shoot back at him. He really wants to play that game, alright fine by me I think to myself.

"looks more like destroying my life ones again"
he looks furious

"first of all I am not ruining your life now second of all I have never ruined it before stop being such a drama queen Leclerc"

"oh you have no idea what you did to me. So again why are you here now and what do you want from me apart from destroying my career"
Why is he always like that? The last time we talked we were still young I really hoped he would change but apparently I thought wrong. God just the memories to that days make my blood boil. He always used to annoy me. Even before Formula 1 we were both part of Ferrari and we would do anything to get the other out of the team. He even went as far as getting me drunk the evening before a race so I wouldn't take away his victory.

"I don't owe you an explanation or anything else and now fuck off and let me celebrate my first victory of many more that are still yet to come" I glare at him while leaving the room to go to the podium.

On the podium I don't look at him for even one second. I celebrate my position with Max who didn't manage to get past me in the race and therefore landed on a solid third place.

"wow it feels really good to stand here again" I shout to Max who is spraying Champagne at me with a massive smile on his face. "You're really something else" he laughs. 

After the first podium of the year I quickly realize there are gonna be a lot of interviews, especially for me because I just shocked everybody by showing up here today.

"Lilly, why are you here today"

"are you part of the team again"

"where have you been all these years"

"how did the boys react when they found out you are back"

"Yes I'm really happy to announce that I'm going to drive this season with Ferrari and I am more than excited to see what it will bring" I quickly answer a few more questions before I start walking away.

I try to push through everyone ignoring all the questions I'm getting asked. Wow what a start into the year I think to myself.

unknown number 
hey, wanna grab lunch later and afterwards go to the after party? I think you have a lot of explaining to make
-Lando