20- Mexico

25.10.2022-03.11.2022

The first few days after we arrived in Mexico are absolute blissful. I've spent most of the time with the others, going clubbing or sightseeing. Charles and I decided to just share the hotel room since I'd be sleeping over at his anyways. Even all the media speculations can't bring my mood down and there are a lot. Most of them are about me and Charles, I don't know how they figured it out but I guess they are just over analyzing every single detail, like always.

My manager told me to finally confirm or deny those rumors but I just can't. I don't want to deny them for obvious reason but I also don't want media to once again destroy something I love so much. It's none of their business anyways.

But after all we're still here to race so hopefully the race weekend will just bring new headlines. Free practice went pretty good for me as well as qualifying. Ever since I'm back with Charles, I stopped worrying and thinking so much about what I do which has improved my performance immensely.

I start the race on Sunday in P4, however I get away good, managing to overtake Max, meaning I'm currently P3.

"well done Lilly, 0.6 to Hamilton, turn three will be a good opportunity to overtake him if you have a good position"

"Copy, just let me drive, I know what I'm doing"
and with that I try to overtake Lewis, however his defending skills are pure art work and that Mercedes is quite fast so he manages to stay in front of me.

I can see Max pressuring me in my mirror so I push a bit more, trying to get some space in between us.

"Slow down Lilly, safety car"

"copy, everyone okay?" I ask back

"yep, Russle and Ocon spun out"

"yeah alright"

"how are the tires, do you want to pit?"
It's currently the 10th lap and I'm still on my first tires. They are not feeling really bad but it wouldn't be a bad opportunity.
"Lilly, Lewis pits in front of you, what do you want to do?"

I think about it for a second before I see George's and Esteban's cars laying on the track right in front of me.

"I'm gonna stay out, it looks bad, hoping for a red flag" I answer them, knowing the risk I'm taking with that.

"understood"

and to my luck only shortly later I really get the information of a red flag.

"nice call Lilly, come into the pit lane, we're gonna give you a fresh set"

I place my car in the box and get out of my car, quickly walking over to my manager and strategist.

"you've gained your position to Lewis so currently P2, George has a fresh set of tires as well, so try your best at the start"
I nod at them.

"what about Charles how is he?" I ask and my manager nods into the direction behind me.
I turn around and see Charles standing with his manager, talking about the race as well, however looking quite stressed.

Before I can change my mind, I quickly walk over to him, keeping some distance, since cameras are everywhere around.
"are you okay Leclerc?" I shout towards him and a smile spreads on his face once he looks up and recognizes me.

"we'll see by the end of the race, how about you"

"yeah good, I'm glad I stayed out" I smile at him "what place are you in?"

"P4, only Lewis in front of me and then I'll get you"

"keep dreaming"

"Lilly!" I turn around, seeing my manager wave me over to my car.