22- Abu Dhabi

The last chapter, I'm gonna cry...
Hope you like it, please comment and vote one last time <3

____

15.11.2022-21.11.2022

Just as I reach the room where Charles is supposed to lay in, a young woman, probably a doctor, emerges from it. I look at her with hope.

"Is he awake? Can I talk to him?"
Her gaze drops to the floor.

"I'm sorry miss"

My body starts to go numb, I can see Pierre and Millane rush to my side but I don't acknowledge them. I couldn't even if I wanted to. I feel how my knees give in and my body sucks together. I feel my legs hit the floor. A black tunnel forms in front of me, everything starts to spin, I can't stop it.

I want to shout. I want someone to make it stop but no words are coming out of my mouth.
I can hear distant voices and I feel hands on my sides but I ignore it. I only want to hear Charles voice. Fear starts to rush through my body again. Am I never going to be able to hear his voice again? To hear his laugh? To hear him call me nicknames? Is that really it now?

It feels like someone starts to tightly hug my lung, almost crashing it, making it harder with any second to breath. I try to inhale sharply but there's no air reaching my lungs.

"Hey my love, I missed you" tears stream down my face once I hear that voice. It's not possible is it? She just told me 'I'm sorry'. How can he talk to me?

"Charles?" I ask "baby?" A sob escapes my lips while I try to calm down.

"Hey my love, I missed you" the voice repeats and I feel myself calm down a bit.

"Keep talking please" I beg, still not being able to move my body or look at the people kneeling on my side.

"I missed you, I missed you" why does he keep repeating that sentence over and over again? Something's wrong. I open my eyes, looking around. I'm kneeling on the floor of the hospital. Millane and Pierre are sitting on either side of me, holding my phone in my hand. I Look down at it, seeing that they've opened a chat.

'Charlie🇲🇨🏎️'
Is what it said on the top. My eyes dart down and I see a voice mail opened. It was all an illusion. He's not here with me. It was just some stupid voice mail.

"Millane is he-" I stop, not wanting to finish that sentence.

"No he's not. He's not doing good but he's alive Lilly. He will make it I promise"

"Don't promise something you can't keep" I snap at her.
"Sorry" I immediately add. It's not her fault.

"It's okay. Do you want to go in there?"
She asks, rubbing soothing circles into my back.

"Yeah" I nod, trying to stand up.

"Should we go with you?" I turn around looking at Pierre. I almost forgot he's here as well.
I shake my head, turning back to the door and opening the room.

I can feel tears forming in my eyes once I see him laying there. There are tubes connected to his face and arm, he's not moving.

"Hey Charlie" my voice breaks from just these two words.
"Baby don't scare me like that. You can't leave me alone". I walk over to the bed, sitting down on the chair in front of it and gently taking his hand into mine.

"You need to win a championship Mon amour". I smile at him, hoping for an answer all though I know that I won't get one.
"I need you to come back to me. Please Charles I don't know what to do otherwise. You can't leave now, remember how you promised to marry me one day. You promised it Charles." I start to cry uncontrollably, moving my other hand up to his head, letting it brush through his hair ever so careful, scared I might break him if I add more pressure.