16- Italy

07.09.2022-20.09.2022

The show must go on. No matter what happened, if your a famous person or athlete and people are watching you, you need to perform. So here I am. Trying to figure out how to make the team proud again.

"Lilly what are you doing?"

"What the fuck does it look like? I'm trying to improve the pace"

"Yeah we see that but stop driving so risky that was the third time this qualifying that you almost crashed"

"Yeah whatever just let me do my thing"
I continue driving, trying my best to improve my position.

'And that's P7 for Lilly, pushing Yuki just out of the P10 range for Q3. Therefore we won't see him again today however we'll see Leclerc, Hamilton, Verstappen, Russell, Norris, Gasly, Thatcher, Riciardo, Sainz and Vettel in Q3.'

"That's bullshit" I curse once I exited my car.
"I'm trying to get the championship and I can't manage to be better than P7 seriously"

"Lilly calm down and concentrate" my manager comes running towards me.

I nod at her before walking over to the garage, focusing on Q3.

We're in Italy, the Tifosi are going crazy and I'm driving absolutely horrible. Charles was P1 in Q2 but he probably got some nice and motivating words this morning from his new girlfriend who is still around him everyday. Honestly I don't blame him for moving on, I should try to move on as well, it's just so hard. I also can't really blame her, she's absolutely stunning and so far I haven't heard one single person say something bad about her. She's lovely and under different circumstances I could absolutely find myself being friends with her but like this it just hurts so much.

"Lilly are you ready for the last few laps today?"

"Yeah I'm coming"

"Great, we need a neat lap, good pace but no risk, try to break a bit earlier in turn 3 and instead a bit later in turn 4, you're loosing time there. Sector 1 and 3 are great, we need some improvement in sector 2."

"Okay, I'll give my best" I quickly answer my strategist before getting into my car and waiting for my sign to drive my lap.

I get it a few moments later and start to warm up my tires before starting my flying lap.

"Remember, early break in 3, late break in 4"

"Copy" I pass the starting line and push as much as possible. Max has set a great pace, which it counts to beat now. The Red Bull is super fast on the straights so it's really important for me to perfect the turns.

"Great first sector, let's go Lilly"

I don't answer, concentrating on the track in front of me.

"And that's currently P2, well done, let's see what happens"

"Yeah alright, who's currently out?"

"Hamilton and Verstappen"

"Copy"

I wait for the time of their laps.

"Verstappen point four faster, Hamilton point seven behind, currently P3, Sainz and Norris just started their lap"

"Copy" I sigh. Being already only P3 is not good. Daniel had the fastest lap so George and Charles are still to come and definitely gonna be in front of me.

"Carlos point two in front of you"

"Oh come on really"

"Yeah, Norris as well, Lilly we need a bit more speed in the next lap"