8- Azerbaijan

01.06.2022-13.06.2022

We arrive in Azerbaijan pretty late. I haven't spoken one word with Charles. Not even a quick hey or you okay. Nothing.
It hurts and I know that Lando warned me of it but I honestly wouldn't have thought that it's that bad. I feel absolutely miserable. Lewis called me twice when I landed and texted me how my flight was but I'm not really in the mood to talk to him or answer his messages. I know that I messed up the whole situation with Charles by myself, well okay he wasn't completely innocent but most of it was definitely because I overreacted. Still it doesn't make anything better. I feel so shitty with the whole situation but my ego is just too big to admit I was wrong and talk to him again. After all he also never made a move. He does probably not even care about it.

I walk out of the airport ignoring all fans and paparazzi and getting to my rented car as fast as possible. I get into it and drive off to the address my manager send me.

The moment I arrive in my hotel room I kick all my stuff into a random corner and just fall onto my bed. I miss Monaco and all the happiness it brought me. I see my phone vibrating next to me, a quick glance towards it tells me that Lewis is calling again. I wait until he ends the call before typing out a quick message.

Lilly
hey I just arrived at my hotel, flight was good but I'm extremely exhausted and tired. Hope you're well, see you tomorrow :)

Sir Hamilton :)
I'm good, sleep well see you tomorrow.

with that I put my phone away and get ready to sleep.

____

I wake up the next morning at half past 10 and the first thing I do is texting Lewis. I feel really bad about the way I treated him so I ask him if he wants to go out with me today. He answers immediately, telling me to be ready in an hour because he is going to pick me up. I smile at my phone before eating some breakfast and getting ready for the day.

Lewis picks me up about an hour later.

"alright, where are we leaving to?" I ask before getting into his Mercedes.

"you'll see. Just be patient" he smiles at me before driving off.

After some time we arrive at a pretty beach with almost no people.
We get out of the car and walk over towards a palm tree to lay beneath it.

"wow it's beautiful here" I smile at Lewis, still fascinated by my surroundings.

"just wait till the sun sets" he smiles back at me before grabbing a bag and pulling out a bottle of wine and two glasses.
"do you want some?" he asks me.
I nod at him, getting my sunglasses out to shield my eyes from the sun. He hands me one of the glasses with red wine and we clonk them together.

"cheers Lewis"

"cheers Lilly, to us and to a new world champion" he smiles at me before taking a sip of his wine.

"oh I wouldn't be so sure about that" I laugh at him "I've got really talented rivals" I wink at him.

"oh, do you?" he laughs obviously knowing that I meant him. From that on the day passes way too fast. Just as the sun starts to go down he suddenly asks me to come swim with him. I look around to check if anyone could see us but there are no people around anymore. I'm glad because I really don't need new rumours spread about me. I get up, take off my clothes leaving me just in my bikini and start running towards the water.

"the last one in the water is cooking dinner tonight" I yell and run even faster once I realise Lewis is already close behind me.

"I'm gonna get you" he shouts before running past me and jumping into the water.
I run into it shortly after him, enjoying the cool water hitting my hot skin. We start splashing water around like little kids before I surrender and swim over to him.