Chapter 4

---

After

---

Katsuki's definition of "friends" was to pour one's heart and effort out for the other. Izuku regretted agreeing to be friends, but he had no choice. Katsuki gave all his homework for Izuku to do, made him buy food for him, be by his side at all times, and so on, almost making Izuku a slave.

It would be something like:

"M-Miss, my order is... *deep breath* ramen with spice without toppings and a slight smell and taste of meat, plate of cabbage with spice around the edge and none on top and a three single drops of vinegar put neatly around the top then shrimps with no sauce and a little sprinkles on top and a little plate of noodles with no spice and no soup and no toppings and no smell and no taste and shaped neatly into a twirl..."

Izuku brought the finally finished, specifically ordered noddles to Katsuki, who was waiting impatiently in the cafeteria. Katsuki took the chopsticks and squinted at the order, disgusted.

"Drops of vinegar ran off. RE-ORDER!"

Or something like...

"Bakugo I-"

"Shut up stupid Deku. You're going with me, like it or not."

"Wait but I- MMMMFFFFFFFF!"

"That's what I thought. Let's go."

Overall, it was helpless.

---

Cafeteria

---

Izuku sighed as he was finally allowed to buy his own lunch. He sat by Mina and Kaminari, not saying anything as he quietly and slowly ate. Both of his friends looked at him weirdly.

"You okay there Midobro-?" Kaminari asked unsurely. Izuku looked up, then looked back down and stabbed his chopsticks in his rice repeatedly,

"No he ain't dumbass," Mina slapped Kaminari on the back of the head, causing him to cry out in pain.

"I-I'm fine," Izuku said. He was not.

"Is it because of that idiot Katsuki?" Mina asked seriously. Izuku's eyes widened, but he shook his head frantically.

"Oi Deku," Katsuki sneered when he came by. Izuku's eyes widened again and he put his head down to eat frantically. Katsuki put his arm around Izuku and lifted him off his chair. "Borrow him for a moment, extras."

"Wai-" Mina started, but Katsuki had already forced Izuku to his feet and turned around to drag Izuku away, while Izuku desperately tried to flail at his dumbfounded friends.

Katsuki stopped by the school gate. It was closed and firm, and Izuku internally smirked at that. Katsuki tsked and dragged Izuku to the school fence, making Izuku's eyes widened.

"I-I-I- I've never s-skipped class before, so so-" Izuku started, attempting to back away. Katsuki smiled unpleasantly and hooked Izuku's neck with his strong arm, glaring with his face close again.

"Let me tell you one thing," Katsuki started slowly and menacingly. "If you haven't skipped class once in your early life, you'll regret it."

"But I won't-" Izuku started again. Katsuki tightened the hold, making Izuku stop.

"You think that because you're such a fucking nerd," Katsuki said loudly. He let go of Izuku and moved the grip to Izuku's elbow, looking up at the fence.

"W-Well, I don't k-know how to f-flip over fences, so..." Izuku took Katsuki's hand off and tried to back away again, but Katsuki pulled him back by the corner of the shirt.

"Well then who's gonna buy food for me, huh? Who's gonna play games with me, HUH?!" Katsuki glared and shouted the last word. Izuku cowered, which made Katsuki's expression soften slightly. He put his bag around Izuku's neck and invited him to come forward, which Izuku timidly did.

"Step up onto a crack in the wall," Katsuki instructed. Izuku did so (with slight trembling) and Katsuki immediately pushed Izuku up from the bottom, making Izuku yelp.

"You're so - damn - heavy!" Katsuki grunted as he finally pushed Izuku up to the top of the wall. He himself climbed up and did a vault back down, while Izuku looked down, shaking as he clung on to the top of the wall with his life.

"Step on my hands," Katsuki held his hands out. It was the first time Izuku had seen him be this helpful, so he couldn't help but smile. He did as Katsuki told him – still clinging onto the wall – and Katsuki pulled him down slowly.

"Don't think I was helping you, Deku," Katsuki scowled when they started walking. "It was just so that you'd come skating with me."

Whatever you say, Izuku thought as he smiled again. Katsuki turned around so his face would not be seen by Izuku, even though Izuku swore he heard Katsuki tsk only slightly.

---

Local Skate Rink

---

"And here we fucking are," Katsuki grunted as they arrived at the public rink. The rink was crowded – a little unpleasant for Izuku, and Katsuki pulled him over to put on the skates. Izuku had never done this before, so he shakily watched as everyone else skated freely across the ground with no problem.

Katsuki smiled as he tapped his skates on the ground. He stood up and walked across the messed up rug to the opening of the smooth rink.

"You done there, Deku?" Katsuki asked. Deku had already become a nickname for Izuku in Katsuki's perspective, so Izuku just sighed and nodded timidly.

"Well fucking come on over then," Katsuki frowned. Izuku stood up and staggered over. Katsuki took his hands quickly and led him onto the rink. Izuku gasped when Katsuki did so, and immediately attempted to run, ending up crashing onto the ground despite his hands still gripped onto Katsuki's.

Katsuki looked down and laughed. Izuku had never heard Katsuki laugh like this before – he looked up quickly to take a look at Katsuki's face. Katsuki's front hair was thrown back and his eyes were shut, but he was laughing so hard he almost fell. Izuku stared at Katsuki for a few seconds, still absorbed in Katsuki's new behavior, before realizing he was supposed to be mad.

He scrambled up again angrily, but then fell again. Katsuki laughed even harder, and Izuku felt a little disappointed. He grabbed Katsuki's arm and stood up shakily. Katsuki skated away immediately, making Izuku panic and flail around.

Katsuki skated without trouble to a pillar in the middle. Izuku was already panting, and he stopped to cling on to the pillar pantily. Katsuki was about to skate away before turning around to see Izuku out of breath. Hopeful Katsuki would take him away, Izuku looked up.

"Already tired?" Katsuki asked. Izuku nodded wearily. Katsuki smiled, his unpleasant attitude back again. "Then just stay there and figure it out yourself."

Katsuki skated away, and Izuku glared angrily at his back, sighing and falling onto the ground again. Katsuki had attracted many of the girls' attentions, and they were almost all attempting to talk to him. It made Izuku feel even madder even though he didn't know why.

Katsuki was obviously uninterested, but he was still forcing a smile and Izuku could literally feel Katsuki's twitching when one of the girls tried to touch him. Katsuki shot a glance towards Izuku, but Izuku shrugged and smirked, making Katsuki the one mad now.

In the end, Katsuki was forced to be the lead of a game with almost ten girls making a line behind him. Izuku was forced to be the last one in the line, and as the others in the line skated forward and laughed, Izuku hung onto the girl in front of him for his life and cried out pleads for the game to stop.

Izuku was finally allowed to go take a break with permission from Katsuki. He slumped down to one of the bleachers and felt like he could've died right there.

The cheering and shouting from the rink suddenly stopped. Izuku looked up, confused, only to see a group of armed boys walking bossily into the rink...

With all of their eyes on Katsuki.