Chapter 20

---

Shop

---

Katsuki looked around the shop for a present for Izuku. There were pencil boxes which Katsuki thought was cringe, keyboards that were over-expensive, and candy that looked bad to eat. Katsuki's eyes landed on a big All Might plush. Smiling at the sight, he took it and went to the counter.

"I'd like to purchase this All Might plush," Katsuki said. The man at the counter looked at the plush.

"That's not for sale," he said, narrowing his eyes.

"I'll pay whatever price you want me to," Katsuki edged. The man thought for a bit.

"Who's that for?" he asked.

"Ah- A very close friend, for Christmas. He loves All Might but doesn't have enough money to purchase any of All Might's merch or related items," Katsuki said quietly as he thought of Izuku.

The man looked at him and blinked.

"Oh well, you can take it for free," the man said, smiling. Katsuki's eyes widened.

"You sure?"

"'Course, bud. Take it and scram."

---

Parking Lot

---

Katsuki hugged the plush against his chest and made his way through the parking lot, smiling slightly to himself.

The smile was wiped off his face when he heard a dark chuckle behind him that sounded dangerously familiar. His eyes widened as he turned around to see his scarred enemy with his "friends" looking at him, smirking.

"Hello, Katsuki."

"W-What the fuck do you bitches want?!"

"Being feisty again, I see? I'll make sure to shut your mouth up," Dabi snarled menacingly. Katsuki backed away, hugging the plush harder.

"An All Might plush?" Dabi laughed. "I never expected you to be so lowly. Or is it that... green-haired boy who you're getting that for?"

Katsuki glared as hard as he could and gritted his teeth.

"You don't have anyone or anything to help you today," Dabi said softly with a smug look. "If you dare to hurt us, then that boy is dead."

Dabi made a slicing motion across his neck and smiled unpleasantly. Katsuki's eyes widened, but before he could react, Dabi had already shouted for his group to beat Katsuki.

The last thing Katsuki saw was the group of boys charging at him and a bloodied bat aiming at his face.

---

Hospital

---

Katsuki stared blankly at the computer as the doctor waved his arm around and explained things he couldn't understand to Mitsuki.

His vision was slightly blurry and his head throbbed, but he stayed strong.

He had to live.

Izuku was waiting.

---

After

---

"Izuku?"

Izuku turned around to see Kirishima behind him. Kirishima was holding a huge All Might plush. Izuku's eyes widened at the sight.

"Wh-What's wrong?"

"This is Bakubro's Christmas present for you..." Kirishima said quietly as he handed Izuku the plush. Izuku couldn't believe it - Katsuki had gotten him an All Might plush?

"Tell him I love it!" Izuku squealed as he hugged the plush tight. But he frowned. "Where is Kacchan?"

"O-oh, he-" Kirishima paused. "He's fine."

"Then why didn't he give me this in person?" Izuku edged. Kirishima stopped.

"Please don't lie to me, Kirishima-kun."

"He-" Kirishima started. "He's at the hospital."

"WHAT?!" Izuku shouted. Kirishima stepped back a little.

"When he was buying this for you, he bumped into Dabi. Defenseless." Kirishima explained. Izuku's eyes widened as he started pacing in worry.

"He's not in a coma," Kirishima said. Izuku relaxed a little bit at that news, but many other horrible thoughts started filling his mind.

So is he dead? Did he break all of his bones? Did his brain get swollen?

"C-Can I visit him?" Izuku asked hopefully. Please say yes.

"No. I'm sorry. They're getting ready for surgery."

---

Hospital

---

The nurse fumbled around and cleaned up things, preparing new bed sheets and bringing in the washed clothes. Katsuki sat on his bed with a mini-table, scribbling on his textbooks.

"Mr. Bakugo?"

"Yes." Katsuki answered simply, not looking up.

"Why are you working so hard on schoolwork? Your head... Is damaged, you know?" the nurse asked, looking at him. Katsuki looked up slowly.

Because.

I promised someone.