Chapter 16

---

After the Ceremony

---

"Todoroki-kun? Why did you want to meet me here?" Izuku asked quietly as he stood in front of his long-time crush. He felt his heart pounding, nervous about what Shoto was going to say.

"I'd like to confess something."

What? Izuku felt himself becoming worried. That you love Ochako? That you hate me? That I'm ugly?

"I am not going to be cringe and say a long speech, but I'll go simple with it."

"I like you, Midoriya-kun. I mean- Like, like you. Be my boyfriend?"

Izuku stared, shocked. He never really thought this day would come – how? The first word that came to his mind was Kacchan.

Katsuki. What about Katsuki?

Oh, but Kacchan loves Ochako.

Never mind.

He blinked, still in awe, shock, confusion, and a blushing mess as Shoto stared down expectantly. He looked away after a long silence, sighing.

"I understand if you think I'm gross, b-"

"W-Wait!" Izuku stopped him. He inhaled sharply. "The f-feeling's mutual. I-I've actually been crushing on you since forever and was too shy to talk to you back then but since now you're here saying what I've always dreamed you'd s- Oh gosh, I'm rambling again, aren't I?"

Shoto's eyes widened and he smiled so big Izuku swore he could've turned into a living flower. Shoto hugged Izuku so tight Izuku choked, but Izuku returned the hug.

"Ah- Thank you so much, Midoriya-kun. I'm so glad I'll be able to be here with you alone again."

Oh.

"Me too..."

---

After

---

"KACCHAN!" Izuku squealed, jumping up and down. He couldn't believe it - he had just became a couple with his crush.

"Ugh, yes Deku?" Katsuki asked, annoyed. However, he couldn't help but smile at how happy Izuku was today.

"Todoroki asked me out!"

What...?

Katsuki's entire world seemed to crash down. Deku. With Todoroki. His face fell, but he hid it.

Think about Ochako. Ochako is available now. Kacchako, how nice does it sound?

Doesn't exactly have the same ring to "Bakudeku".

He remembered how Hanta and Eijiro told him that he and Izuku could form a duo called "Bakudeku". He pretended to not care, but he kept that to heart.

"Well uh," Katsuki rolled his eyes to hold back his unprepared tears. "Good for you, dumbass. Never thought a nerd like you will get someone so awesome."

"Aww," Izuku pouted. He put his arms around Katsuki's neck and sat next to him. "Hey! At least you're going to be a sympathetic friend!"

"Friend- HAH? Since when were we friends?" Katsuki spat the last word, trying to wriggle out of Izuku's wrap. Izuku only pulled him closer.

"You started that," Izuku reminded him.

Oh, right.

I guess we're friends.