Chapter 15

(bosh)

(Eep according to my calculations there should be five chapters left. Sort. Wait I honestly expected this story to be longer- Never mind. Let's get on with the story!)

---

The Ceremony

---

"Hello, students," Korashi's voice said through the speakers. "Welcome to our ceremony to congratulates the top ten students of our semester final. We appreciate all of your effort in this school year and your socialization, help, and contributions to the school."

"So before we start, I'd like to give out special thanks to..."

Izuku rolled his eyes as he sat back, not wanting to hear this long, boring talk. 

"Sorry for the long talk!" Korashi said quickly. "Now we would like to invite all ten students up to the stage, starting with the ten place... Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!"

A grey haired boy sheepishly went up and waved as everyone clapped.

"And in ninth place we have... Itsuka Kendo!"

An energetic orange-haired girl bounced up and waved happily, another cheer erupting as she gladly took her badge and stood next to Tetsutetsu.

"Woah! In eighth place we have... Asui Tsuyu!"

Izuku could feel the eye roll radiating off Mina as Tsuyu went up and smiled at everyone fakely.

"Seventh place... Ochako Uraraka!"

Ochako gave everyone a friendly smile before taking her badge politely and bowing. She stood elegantly next to Tsuyu.

"And in sixth place... We've got Shoto Todoroki!"

The candy-cane haired boy flashed the school a grin, getting cheers and swooning from some of the girls and gay boys. Mina nudged Izuku while smirking, making Izuku blush.

"Fifth place... Mina Ashido!"

Mina broke into the widest grin ever. Izuku gave her a squeeze and Kaminari hugged her before she happily jumped up to the stage.

"Fourth place... Wow! Izuku Midoriya!"

Mina's smile grew even wider as Izuku sheepishly went up. Shoto grinned at him when he passed, making him feel red as he accepted his badge.

"Third place... Kyoka Jirou!"

A purple-haired emo girl with earbuds in her ears went up casually and took her bronze medal, standing next to Izuku as if this was her every day life.

"Second place... Momo Yaoyorozu!"

YaoMomo, a respective girl in Izuku's grade who he was acquainted to, flashed a smile at the crowd. She was also one of the popular girls aside from Ochako, but Izuku was not especially familiar with her.

"First place..." Izuku squinted to see Eijiro excitedly patting Katsuki's back. "Katsuki Bakugo."

Katsuki stood up and the crowd cheered louder, but Korashi cut in, "Stop!"

Everyone fell silent.

"Before we let... Katsuki, come up," Korashi said seriously. "I'd like to remind you all of the seriousness of cheating."

Izuku gritted his teeth. He felt Mina reach out and squeeze his hand, a motion for him to quiet down. He took a deep breath and Mina let go.

"So now may I remind you all that cheating is unacceptable," Korashi said slowly. Katsuki sat down, disappointed and mortified. "Cheating is obvious, so if you do so... Don't try to hide it."