Chapter 6

---

Pool

---

'Cause baby you're a firework

C'mon let your colors burst

Make 'em go oh "ah ah ah"

As you shoot across the sky-y-y...

The nostalgic song rung in Izuku's ears from his earbuds as he hummed along while twirling around the edge of the pool with the mop in hand. He crashed into the lifeguard stool, and he groaned in pain quietly.

Taking off his earbuds and putting them in his pocket, he continued to do his tedious work. That Katsuki, how dare he trick Izuku into doing this...

Muffled voices started to appear. Izuku's eyebrows raised as he crept towards it to listen. He wasn't one to eavesdrop, but as the saying goes, curiosity kills the cat.

"But what if they find out-?" Ochako's voice said quietly. She stepped out of the boys' changing room with Shoto by her side. They both walked out, silent for a while as Ochako looked up to Shoto hopefully.

"They won't," Shoto said. "We can hide her."

"But it's illegal, Sho," Ochako sighed as they both stopped walking. "And we're the literal parents, so we have to take responsibility for it. One day she'll be taken away and we might even be arrested."

Shoto shot a confused look at Ochako upon this. "I'm sure the consequences aren't that sev-"

"Of course they are," Ochako sighed. "Are you stupid or something?"

"No," Shoto said plainly. Ochako slapped her forehead with her palm as she continued walking. Shoto followed her.

"It's not every day we get to talk about this in a private place," Ochako said quietly. Shoto tapped her on the shoulders, making her pause.

"Speaking of privacy," Shoto narrowed his eyes. He looked down at the lone mop that had not been there when the couple had come here. "Has someone been here?"

Ochako followed his gaze and gasped slightly. Shoto put a hand on her elbow and turned her around, squinting at the pool and surroundings. "Let's talk about it somewhere else."

The couple left silently.

Izuku's tears uncontrollably started to come out. Did Shoto and Ochako have a child? But they were only high schoolers...

Trying to scream into the water, Izuku punched furiously at the bubbles emerging in front of him. The water was blocking his breath, making him not able to breathe. He closed his eyes, and the last thing he saw was a figure dive into the water in front of him.

---

After

---

Izuku opened his eyes to find himself to have been thrown onto land by someone. That someone was still sitting next to him, drenched – Katsuki.

Katsuki was panting and shaking uncontrollably. Izuku sat up slowly before realizing Katsuki was hiccuping with sobs between them. His eyes widened – how could the Katsuki Bakugo be crying in front of him.

When Katsuki finally realized Izuku was awake, he put an arm up to slap Izuku, but put it down shakily. His shaking got even harder, and Izuku tried to stroke his hair.

"H-Hey, s-stop crying K-Kacchan..." Izuku stuttered. Katsuki looked up and glared, his hiccups still uncontrollable.

"WERE YOU TRYING TO FUCKING DROWN YOURSELF?!" Katsuki practically screamed as even more tears ran down his face. "ALL FOR THAT- THAT DUMBASS?!"