Part 1

It hasn't even been a year, but I've switched schools five times, trying to protect my family and myself from whatever is to come. I made them promise not to tell, and they agreed when I said we would die. It's the first day of my junior year, and I'm finally feeling safe, like I've escaped it all.

My dad was the first one to go, being murdered in our own home. That is when I actually became worried. The man knew who I was and where I lived. I would never be safe.

"Its okay, Clarke, we are going to be okay. Make friends and act normal," my younger sister reminds me as we walk towards the front doors.

I stay silent as we enter the office as my sister asks for our schedules. I've been through this process a few to many times for my liking.

"We are going to have people show you around and help you get a feel for the environment. Wait here and I'll call them down," the young girl at the desk smiles.

After a few minutes of waiting, a girl in a cheerleader uniform hops in with another girl at her side.

"Clarke, that's Octavia. She'll show you around, you have every class together!" The lady exclaims. Great, I'm stuck with a stuck up cheerleader.

"Hey, as she said, I'm octavia! Its so great to meet you," Octavia says happily. Preppy much?

"Hi," I trail off. Octavia grabs my arm and leads me out of the office.

"For first period, we don't need anything on the first day," she explains as we walk through the crowded hallway. A tall guy brushes past me, sending shivers down my spine. I haven't felt this way since I saw him.

"Clarke to Earth," Octavia snaps in front of my face.

"Sorry," I apologize quick.

"Mr. Dreamy who just walked by is my brother Bellamy. Huge player, way to overprotective of me," Octavia smiles.

"He looked...familiar," I reply.

"Weird...hey Raven!" She calls a girl over.

"Hey O, new girl," Raven greets.

"Raven, this is Clarke. Be nice, she is my friend and is sitting with us at lunch, right Clarke?" Octavia demands, even though it sounded like a question.

"I guess. Shouldn't we be getting to class?" I ask.

"Yes, don't want to make the new girl late on the first day!" Octabua exclaims and drags me across the hall. She is very...enthusiastic. I feel like someone is watching me, but since then, I always have. This time is different, I know someone is.

The bell rings as soon as we walk in.

"Hello, miss Blake and... Clarke, am I right?" The teacher, a young female asks.

"Umm, yeah," I mutter.

"Well, this is clarke, be nice, yeah," the teacher trails off. Everyone goes back to talking as the teacher sits down. I don't even know her name.

"O!" Someone calls from the back of the class. She leads me back there with her, dragging me like I'm a puppy.

"Hey, this is Clarke. She is cool, so don't be an ass... Finn," Octavia coughs as she says the boys name.

"I'm not an ass," Finn scoffs," well princess, as she said, I'm Finn."

"Yeah, that is Raven's boyfriend. Thats Monty and Jasper," Octavia points to two other boys.