Part 15

I carefully climb out of the window- and I'm still suprised I can do it, or that I'm even risking it. It was around two in the morning and I had to meet up with someone quickly. If Lexa found out...

The street was empty, only the flickering street lamps guiding me towards Lincoln. I had to tell him what was going on before it was too late.

"Clarke!" Octavia almost yells.

"Why are you here?" I ask. Lincoln stands behind her, staring at the ground.

"I wouldn't let him leave without me," she laughs and I hold up my finger, silencing her.

"What's going on? Why can't you come back with us?" Lincoln asks.

"If I do, Lexa will kill a lot of innocent people. She could get her people back and kill us all," I sigh," listen, I have a plan, okay? I can't leave now, shed come after me. I have to convince her to let me go."

"Do you really think that's going to work?" Octavia asks.

"You're pregnant for God's sake. Escaping won't be simple soon enough!" Lincoln exclaims quietly.

"Trust me, I know what I'm risking. But you have to believe that I can do this. I have to go," I whisper," I love you Octavia."

"I love you too Clarkie," she smiles sadly. Lincoln pulls me into a quick hug, then turns and jumps in the car. I start to walk back to the house as the sound of their car fades away.

When I climb back into the window, everything seems normal. The bed looked untouched, the door was still locked, and nothing looked touched. I sink back into the bed and squeeze a pillow to my chest. I could have took off with them, it wouldn't have been easy, but I could've. I could've gone back to Bellamy and my dad, could've had the baby in peace. Could have, should have, but I wouldn't.

~~~~

"Clarke, wake up," someone says as they shake me," claaaaarke!"

"What?" I groan as I strech.

"We're leaving in thirty minutes," Lexa says.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Somewhere safe," she says and leaves the room again. I shrug and trudge to the bathroom, washing my face and brushing my teeth. I suddenly feel sick and manage to puke my guts out even though I barely ate in the past twenty four hours. I have to brush my teeth again, and after I change and get all of my stuff together, making my way downstairs.

"Here, let me help you," Brian says and rushes to help me with my bags. I packed a lot of clothes... Might as well have options, right?

"I'm fine," I sigh as I reach the bottom stair," I'm not helpless."

"Of course you aren't miss Griffin. I just don't want you to hurt yourself," his gaze flickers to my stomach.

"I'm not helpless," I repeat," where am I even going?"

"Mount weather," Brian says," it's safe there. Lexa will be safe there."

"Why, she doesn't want anyone else to try and kill her?" I ask, my hand on my hip.

"Exactly that, Clarke," Lexa smiles warningly," now, we best be leaving."

"Talk normal Lex," Brian chuckles.

"We have to go," she says.

"Be careful when you pass the boundary. Say I sent you and don't answer any other questions," Brian sighs and hugs his daughter," stay safe, keep her safe."

"I'll try my best," Lexa laughs and starts towards the door. I grab my bag and follow after her.

"Is Indra coming?" I ask.