chapter one

"I'M RUNNING OUT of scenes where I can slap him," Camille told me as the three of us sipped on his and her smoothies

"I'M RUNNING OUT of scenes where I can slap him," Camille told me as the three of us sipped on his and her smoothies. My friend loved method acting and has been using that to get some revenge. I've always loved the blue one and thankfully Lucy took my pink one.

Lucy shot me a guilty look. "I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. I'm just going to keep rejecting him," she pleaded. I shot her a reassuring look.

"Luce, it's not your fault. Seriously. You didn't know nor do anything to make him that you're remotely interested in him," I said with the fakest smile ever. It honestly wasn't her fault but she's the reason it happened.

If she never moved here, I'd still secretly be dating my brother's best friend.

"Honestly, I should be thanking you," I admitted, earning shocked looks from them. Lucy even started to choke on her smoothie. "If he wasn't willing to ever tell my brother, well, it would have eventually burned out anyway. I would watch him for the rest of my life flirting with other girls. It's just with you he didn't just flirt," I told her as she caught her breath.

Luce leaned over and hugged me as I tried to control my shaky breathing. Just because I was sort of happy, doesn't mean it didn't hurt like a bitch. For as long as I could remember all I wanted was James Diamond. He has been my crush for a long time and when we finally got together it was amazing. It was everything I wanted.

Then they came to L.A to be a boy band. If we had stayed home in Minnesota then we might have worked a little better, but now the band was in the mix. Now, it didn't even matter because if he cared so much for me as he claimed, he wouldn't have started to fall for Lucy.

"Besides, if I was going to date anyone it would be your brother," my black-haired friend pointed out, making me make a face. It was gross to finally have a female friend that liked my brother. Jo was different since we all met her at the same time. If only she was here now.

"Gross. How does anyone find him attractive?" I questioned earning laughter from my friends. It was nice to have friends that weren't my brothers. It was nice to have them accept me for who I was.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see a concerned face of Camille. "Did you have something to eat today?" She softly asked as if she was approaching a raging bull.

I nodded, trying to ignore the look from Lucy. She's literally been here for a week and hardly knows anything about me. Then again, I have been avoiding her the entire time because of James.

"I had a sandwich this morning," I told her, omitting the part where I only had half of it. "But I'll get a donut when I go for the coffee run."

She patted my shoulder before we decided to change the conversation into something different. They've been trying to get my mind off of it, but we always round back to it.

He just made me feel wanted and that's all I want.

Fingers snapped in my face making me blink back to reality. It seemed that I zoned out during our conversation. "Your phone is ringing," Luce said, making me groan.