chapter seventeen

THE MORE HE talked, the more I was about to throw up on his fancy shoes

THE MORE HE talked, the more I was about to throw up on his fancy shoes. I don't understand why he had to yell every word that he said. Crystal slumped against me, jolting me into reality.

Ugh, my head.

Mom handed me some water and pills. "This is what underage drinking gets you," she said, making me winch at her volume. She repeated the motion with the other three girls trying not to die.

Crystal nudged me and showed me her phone. Ever since last night, social media has been stupidly crazy with rumors and such but Michaels's tweet to the girl is what really stood out to me.

michaelclifford: yeah, because kissing someone who is almost in a relationship and ruining that for fun is totally okay. if the girl he is talking to stops talking to him, whatever happens next is your fault.

What the heck did that mean? It was so ominous and now people think it's going to break the band up. They are slaughtering her in the comments of her post that told everyone it was just a joke and they weren't dating. I mean, they were right, it's not a funny joke at all, but she didn't deserve some of the nasty things they were saying about her.

"Kaley, can you pay attention!" Guetavo shouted, making me jump in my seat. I accidentally kicked Lucy in the back. She groaned and just slumped over on the floor.

"Why does she even have to be here?" Jo groaned, hitting her head on our island counter. "She's not even going on the tour."

"YOU don't need to be here!" Gustavo shouted, getting a little red in the face. I don't understand how he is so angry so early in the morning. Even if it is ten o'clock.

Crystal snorted. "She doesn't feel comfortable around them so yeah we need to be here," she snapped back, tired of him too.

She was going to retort but a knock at the door stopped her. Katie stood up with a sigh of relief. "Thank god, a distraction," she mumbled loud enough for us to hear.

I had closed my eyes because the lights were too bright, but they flew open when my sister screamed. "Luke!"

My head snapped to the door so fast that Crystal had fallen off of my shoulder. Mom barely caught her in time before she could fall off the stool and onto Lucy. All of us stared at the tall, lanky guy looking awkwardly in the archway of the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked getting up, careful not to trample on the girls. Slowly, I walked to the door, playing with the hands of my hockey hoodie. I wasn't expecting to see him so soon and my heart lurched. He was still everything that I wanted.

He shrugged and now that I was closer I could see how red and puffy his eyes were. "You said you didn't want to talk until we can do it face to face and I refuse to not be able to explain myself until then

Someone cooed behind me because it was a cute gesture. "So you thought hopping on the first plane here was the better idea?" I asked, trying hard to fight the smile on my face. Let's face it. I forgive him. I knew I was going to from the moment I hung up the phone last night, only if he wanted to work it out that is.