chapter fifteen

i messed up the timeline for this story so we'll just pretend that its not a thing and ill fix it on the second draft. thanks guys!

A HALF SMILE graced my lips as Luke sang me my own private concert. His voice was rough from singing all night already, but no matter how much I protested he insisted that he sang me a song. So of course my heart was melting as he sang "Wherever You Are" to me.

"You know, once you go into other time zones you probably won't be able to do this," I commented moving my head slightly to adjust on my pillow.

"I'll record them for you then," he said, a cheesy smile on his face. His hair was dripping from his shower, his skin glistening in the bright light of his tour bus. I could hear the rest of the boy in the background. The vibration of my phone scared me since I was too focused on Luke and it shook the whole bed.

CALUM, 12:03AM | don't let him fool you. he has every time zone mapped out with yours

His message came with a photo, putting a wide grin on my face. "What has you so happy?" Luke asked, a curious look on his face. I shook my head, hardly believing he likes me back.

"You."

I thought his smile was going to split his face into two. He was so adorable. "Well I'm glad," he said before yawning widely.

"Go to bed, Luke. We can talk in the morning," I softly told him as he rubbed his eyes. He ran a hand through his hair making me wish I could do that.

"I'm holding you to that," he told me with another yawn following. I giggled as he took the guitar off of his lap to put it away. "How are you doing though?"

A sigh left my lips. Apparently, I had answered his facetime somehow and not ignored it like I thought. He had heard everything that happened a few nights ago and it made me feel guilty. It was one thing for the night to be ruined for me but for it to be ruined for him to made me feel awful.

"Im dealing. Being able to talk to you really helps but I wish you were here," I admitted, pulling my hoodie over my face a bit to hide the blush creeping up on me. It was still so odd to say it to his face. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.

"I wish I was there too. I should have made my move long before I did," he mused, cursing himself under his breath. I rolled my eyes but still had a smile on my lips. "But maybe it's a good thing I'm not there. Otherwise, I most definitely would be in jail right now."

His eyes were lingering on the bruise on the side of my face. It was fading and easy to cover up with makeup but it was just a horrible reminder. I lightly touched it, flinching at how tender it still was. Luke's jaw ticked, his eyes flashing with anger.

Michael told Crystal about it who called me to make sure I was okay. Then she told me how they had to calm Luke down so he didn't hop on the first plane back here. A small part of me wishes he would have gotten on that plane but the bigger rational part of me knew it was better that he stayed. Though, I did feel really guilty for making him panic like that.