chapter five

TO START OFF our day, the girls dragged me to the coffee shop that Luke and I frequented

TO START OFF our day, the girls dragged me to the coffee shop that Luke and I frequented. It was odd being here with someone else other than him, but I was enjoying my friend's company. I didn't realize how long it had been since I actually sat down with them. Between meeting up with Luke and dealing with Gustavo as a boss I hadn't made time for them.

I really needed to manage my time better but working for Gustavo is such a mess. He literally has no schedule, just tells us to come in when he wants despite the fact that we might be busy. It was frustrating, to say the least.

Lucy and I have got closer over the past few weeks since she spent a lot of time with the boys and me. Well, I didn't really hang out with the boys but I did steal her whenever they were hanging out with her.

It was hilarious watching James's stupid face get irritated when she would walk out the door with me. What wasn't so hilarious was the girl's face when I explained to them what he had said to me yesterday.

"And he really thinks that I would even want to attempt to date him?" Lucy said, gritting her teeth. She was seething. "I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole."

Camille just shook her head, her brown curls flying. "I can't wrap my head around it. It's just something James would never say. Are you okay?" She asked, making me sigh and take a long sip of my coffee.

"I'm trying to be. I have a friend who is helping me through the mess he made," I explained, my heart beating faster. This morning I promised myself I was going to tell them about Luke.

They shared a look before looking back at me. "Will. Now," they said at the same time, effectively creeping me out. I took a moment before licking my lips

"He went through the same thing that I did. Well, not exactly the same thing but his relationship was a mess as well," I told them with a slight blush.

Lucy slapped the table. "You're blushing! Is he cute?"

"Very, but we're just friends. Dating anyone isn't on my mind and he knows that. We're just leaning on one another for support," I explained trying to squash any thoughts of them thinking I was getting ready to date again. Yeah, sure, I've thought about what it would be like dating Luke, but it's never going to happen.

As I lifted my cup to my lips, blue eyes caught mine from across the room. My lips twitched as he began walking over here, only, Calum Hood led the group. Luke's grin told me that this was going to be an interesting encounter.

The four of them stopped at the table, the bassist's eyes on Lucy. "This may be a little forward, but I'd like your number," he said to Lucy who just raised an eyebrow as Camille and I exchanged a look.

I stifled my laughter as Michael clamped his hand over Luke's mouth. From the way the guys were acting, that probably was not the way Calum wanted that to go.