chapter seven

You LUKE FLUSHED A deep red since he was found

You LUKE FLUSHED A deep red since he was found. We both completely forgot he was supposed to go back after a while and I guess they came looking for him. They all had amused looks on their faces because of their singer's stunned reaction.

The three of them gave the two of us a once over as Luke put his phone back in his sweatshirt pocket.

"I completely lost track of time," Luke said while biting his lip. He felt just as guilty.

"You literally had your phone in your hand," Michael pointed out with a deadpan look. "We know you saw our messages."

Luke avoided eye contact with them and Calum was looking at me in deep thought. It was kind of weird, but I was still excited to meet them. To break the tension, I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Did you guys know Luke has the cutest dog I have ever seen?"

The three guys began to laugh loudly despite it not being that dunny. I hope they weren't laughing at me though because I wouldn't ever be able to look at Luke the same again.

"The fact that we weren't really mad and you just blurting that out is too funny," Ashton commented, making me crack a smile. Internal panic is down a few levels.

I shrugged trying not to show any relief on my face. Why was my first impression important to me? Maybe because I knew hanging out with Luke would eventually mean hanging out with them as well.

"I just found out and think she's the cutest thing ever," I gushed, wanting to have a dog now. We could never afford one growing up and now that we can, the apartment complex doesn't allow it.

Calum tilted his head and it looked like a light went off in his head. "Hey, you were with Lucy the other day!" he exclaimed with a happy expression. His face lit up like he was just told he won the lottery.

"Yes and no I'm not giving you her number," I said before he even had a chance to ask. His face fell, his lip protruding out into a pout. His cheeks were a little chubby and it just made him look adorable. "If you have a note I'll give it to her though."

His expression brightened with a determined look on his face. He pointed a finger in Lukes's face. "Whatever is going on here, don't mess it up. This is my chance!"

Luke rolled his eyes with an irritated look on his face. Did he not want me to meet them? Was I supposed to be kept a secret from his actual life? Internal panic is back and I grabbed my soda to play with the straw. He nudged me with his eyebrows furrowed as Calum ranted about Lucy. I gave him a fake smile before taking a sip.

"So, this is why you've been ditching our studio sessions," Ashton quipped, throwing a playful wink my way. I couldn't help the smile that formed watching them tease him.

"Wait," I blurted out, making all the attention turn to me. It was a little nerve-wracking to have all four of them here with me. "You told me you weren't missing anything while meeting me."