chapter twenty-five

I WAS THANKFUL that Luke was a master at distracting me

I WAS THANKFUL that Luke was a master at distracting me. The plane ride to Australia was ten times worse than New York since we hit a bad storm. I would have started crying if he didn't start talking to me and asking a million questions about my art. I still haven't shown him much of it either and I was planning on changing that this trip.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a grimace, holding out some mints he thankfully bought me while I was preoccupied. The rest of the boys had already gone off to meet their families. I took one hoping it would mask the smell of vomit.

"It's official, I hate planes," I groaned, resting my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around mine. Even though he was tall, this surprisingly wasn't uncomfortable. I just wanted to pass out in his arms.

A small kiss was pecked on my temple. "I'm sorry, darling. Maybe a doctor can prescribe something that'll knock you out."

"I'll definitely have to go when I get back," I groaned, willing the mint to work faster. The last thing I wanted to do was meet his family with vomit breath.

"I know you're worried about meeting my family but you don't have to be. They'll understand," he whispered as we got closer to them. Being the absolute best boyfriend ever, Luke had my duffle and suitcase with him which made me feel a little bad but at the same time, I don't feel like I could carry one.

His parents, Liz and Andrew, were standing there with his two older brothers, Jack and Ben. A little girl with her black hair in two braids danced around Ben's legs. I'm assuming that's Zoe and she was just as adorable in real life than over Facetime.

She was the first one to spot us. "Uncle Wuke!" She yelled dashing away from her father who immediately called after her.

Luke laughed and caught her with one arm, putting her on his hip that was between us. "Hello Zoe," he greeted, blowing a raspberry on the five-year olds face. She giggled and turned her attention to me.

"Hi! I'm Zoe!" She excitedly yelled, her blue eyes shining in wonder.

"Hello there. I'm Kaley," I introduced myself, taking her little outstretched hand.

She giggled at me. "I know. Uncle Wuke talks about you all the time!" She exclaimed, dragging out the all.

I gave Luke a side glance and he pretended not to notice. "Does he? Well, I hope to make a good impression on you."

She giggled again and I wanted to pinch her adorable cheeks. "Yes!" She leaned in a little closer making Luke almost drop her. "You're breath smells but Gammy and Grandy won't be able to tell," she told me, my jaw dropping open as she wriggled out of Luke's arms to go back to her Dad.

I tugged on Luke's sleeve. "Give me another mint," I grumbled as he processed what she had said. He held back his laughter as he handed it to me.

"Mom, Dad, Jack, and Ben, this is Kaley," Luke introduced me to his family. His Mom threw me into a hug. It took me by surprise but I hugged her back.