chapter twelve

THE LIST THAT Gustavo presented me with was insane and he will only keep adding to it

THE LIST THAT Gustavo presented me with was insane and he will only keep adding to it. I wanted to crumple it up and throw it back in his face, but I'm choosing to forget this time.

If I pretend to be okay with whatever he wants me to do, I might get enough time off to spend with Luke. Though he's refusing to let me touch any of it until they leave which just means the list is just going to get longer.

Whatever, as long as it means I don't have to deal with him for months. I'd take all the de-stapling and shredding any day.

A smile crossed my lips when Luke's facetime request popped up on my screen. Though his face was nothing happy. The smile slipped my face when he didn't greet me like normal. "What's wrong?" I asked, taking a seat on the black leather sofa. It was so uncomfortable.

"I was just told this morning that we are leaving in two weeks," He blurted out, making my jaw drop. I gaped at him, trying to find words.

"Wait, what?" I breathlessly asked, trying to wrap my head around it.

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Our manager booked some last-minute promos even though we've already been doing some. He said something about not getting the album done in time even though we did," He groaned, flopping down onto his bed.

I wish I was there right now.

"So now it's less time we get to spend together," I groaned before realizing I shouldn't have said that out loud. He gave me a cocky grin and a smile toyed at my lips.

"Is someone going to miss me?" He teased, biting his lip. I wanted to slap him because he had no idea what that was doing to me.

I looked away to hide my blush. "Miss you? Please," I teased. "It'll be a relief to get rid of you."

He gasped in horror, throwing his arm over his eyes. "The pain!" he cried out, making me giggle. He peaked his eyes out from under his arm, a wide smile on his face.

"We'll still talk right?" I asked, earning a nod and a look.

"Every day," he promised, putting his arm under his head. Is he? Is he shirtless? Cue my drool. "Do you want to hang out now?"

"Can't," I explained as the guys came out of the recording room. "I'm working."

He rolled his eyes, clearly hating my job for me as well. "Let me know when you get out and we can plan something," he said, James's face whipping over to look at me when he heard Luke's voice.

"I will," I said with a smile before we hung up. I stood, waiting for Gustavo to tell me what to do. He looked at me and then at the group.

He pressed the tips of his fingers together and brought them to his lips. "We need to get you to wardrobe. Kaley! Make sure they get there!" He yelled before walking into his office and Kelly followed behind him. I rolled my eyes but began walking down the hall, not bothering to see if the guys were following. They were grown adults and could find their own way, but I'll do my job.