Because it was never mine

"Leooonn!!!" Pagsigaw ni Theresia habang papalapit sa kaibigan, mukhang masayang masaya at nagtatatalon pa.

This is it Leon, kaya mo 'yan.

Inhale, exhale.

"Bakit?oh dahan dahan nga, kalma uy." Yakap yakap s'ya ni Theresia at niyakap niya ito pabalik.

"Di ako makahinga." Sambit niya na sinundan ng tawa habang inaalis niya ang mga kamay na nakabalot sa kaniya.

"May sasabihin ako." Sabay nilang sabi.

The empty parking lot filled with laughters.

"Oh sige ikaw muna." Sabi ni Leon

"Kami na ni Jay!!leon!kami na ni Jay!!Akalain mo."

Theresia continues to jump in excitement while Leon stays still in her position. Her face is emotionless.

Ah ganon ba?bakit ngayon pa. I'm too late.

"Leon okay ka lang ba?Di ba okay sa'yo?"

Paano pag sinabi kong hindi?

"Ahh o-okay lang naman ako, masaya ako para sa'yo." Leon stuttered.

How can you love someone that doesn't know about your admiration?And how can you love someone that doesn't belongs to you in the first place. When is the right time to love or to admit your feelings for someone?

Can i just be the one? I can't look at you with this lying eyes pretending to be happy when the truth is I'm breaking.

__

It's been a week and Theresia continued to post pictures of them on her social media accounts. They looked so happy and looked good together. She have to admit it. But she can't.

Mas pogi naman ako d'yan.

And you feel your heart sinks and your eyes releases the overflowing tears.

It hurts to see you being happy with someone else, someone that's not me.

Your heart is broken and you yourself can't think of another word or sentence to reply to your best friend, nagging you about their relationship and asking if you're okay.

You can't say you're not okay.

Selfish you are to be jealous. Wala ka namang karapatan.

__

Months passed and Theresia wants to meet you.

You don't know why but it pains you just by thinking about the possibility that she's about to get married.

Ang ganda ng singsing ah bagay sa'yo.

Screams came out from your mouth. You looked at the mirror to see yourself, a bit tired but so beautiful as ever. Smile formed on your lips, practicing how to smile again in front of her.

__

It's not just her, she's with her boyfriend, waving at you. You just want to run but you smiled while walking towards their table. Stings in your heart spread and your throat suddenly became dry. But you tried your best to look okay.

"Hoy Leon nagtatampo na ako sayo ah!Bakit 'di ka nag papakita sa'kin." Bungad agad ni Theresia.

"Ow wow!wala man lang hello?o hi?" She managed to joke.

Theresia just rolled her eyes and laugh.

Your eyes left Theresia's face and looked at Jay, he's smiling too.

"H-hi Jay hehe."

__

Fuck! Ayoko na! Ahhhh!!!!

You're at the bar, screaming on top of your lungs. She's getting married and you're invited of course, you're her best friend. Just her best friend. Nothing more. Ikaw lang naman yung may nararamdaman para sa kaniya eh. Siya wala, may iba s'yang mahal. Ikakasal na nga eh.