Dare

Leon and Reese, both invited to a small party gathering that will take place on Chel's house, their colleague and friend.

Leon hesitated at first when Chel invites her.

"I don't know chel..you know naman diba."

But at the end, she gave in, she can't resist her friends, and as if she still have feelings for her ex, she believes she doesn't.

-

She arrived at the place and immediately hugged by Chel.

"Thanks for coming." The man in the green shirt said and she smiled at him.

She searched the place as if looking for someone, and her eyes landed on the woman who's wearing a beautiful beautiful blue dress.

She stared at her longer than she intended.

And came back to reality when someone whispered on her ear.

"Baka matunaw."

It was Kiko, she slapped him on the arm and the big man just laughed.

She looked again at reese direction and she almost jumped when they make eye contact but reese just smile at her so she smiled too.

Leon act cool, act cool.

Her heart beats faster and her hands sweats.

Kalma Leon.

_

Everyone gathered around, some are drinking and chitchatting, they offered leon a drink but as usual she ended up drinking an ice tea and some other chaser.

While everyone are having a fun time, Chel the man of the house called their attention.

"Okay guys, walang kj, we will play a game called..." he grinned while Kiko is playing with the drums to add tension "Truth or dare."

Then everybody laughed.

"Akala ko kung ano, 'yan lang pala, hay na'ko senior moments." Trilly shouted from the back and all laughed.

"What?that never gets old." Chel defended.

"Okay spin ko na yung bote mga akla." Teddy said while holding a wine glass and positioning it on the table.

The game began and the room was filled of laughter and teasing. Until, the bottle points to Leon.

Ugh kainis akala ko di na ako matatapatan. Leon rants in her mind.

Reese looked at her and gulped. They knew very well that their friends, though good friends, they are also the evil ones. They will be cornered for sure.

"Okay ako magtatanong Leon." Trilly said and smirked. Tinutukso naman si Leon at Reese ng iba pang mga kaibigan.

"Okay master Leon, truth or dare?"

Leon was quiet for a second, she can't choose truth, that's dangerous, and she certainly can't choose dare either. But she was left with no choice.

"Okay..umm..dare.." She said unsure then she looked down.

Reese just stared at her, nervous of what will happen next.

The next words made everyone quiet.

"Sleep with reese tonight." Then everyone gasped.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lei whispered to him a little loudly.

He scratched his nape and said. "What?Sleepover naman yun, atsaka bawal umuwi tong si reese walang mag da drive eh parang lasing na oh." He pointed his finger to Reese.

Reese threw the pillow behind her to him.

Everyone waits for Leon's answer.

"Um..okay lang ba reese?" The others almost choke when they heard her say that.

Baka kase kung ano pang mangyare sa'yo sa daan, konsensya ko pa. She said in her mind, gaslighting herself.

The taller woman is now getting red, from the alcohol and because of the embarrassing situation.

"Okay."

_

They looked at each other, and immediately looked away while they entered the guest room. The bed is big enough for them to fit.

"Don ka na sa kanan ah." Reese said and walked to her side of the bed.

Kilalang kilala n'ya talaga si Leon.

"Thanks.."

When they already laid down, Leon who has been quiet decided to speak.

"Reese what could've been if we both tried to save it?i mean our separation is against our will, because you know.." But she didn't look to the woman beside her, she's just looking blankly at the ceiling.

"I don't know, I'm sorry."

Reese voice is soft and almost sounds like crying so Leon looked at her.

She looked at her hand as if asking for permission to hold it.

Reese intertwined their fingers and Leon flashed a genuine smile.

"I missed you so much reese."

"I'm dying of missing you too Leon.".

Leon cupped the younger woman face and slowly leaning her head to the latter.

But before their lips met, Reese sat down immediately coming back to her senses. She shouldn't be doing this, this is just a dare, sleep and wake up the next morning then done.

She can't be doing this.

"Why reese?di ba pwede uli subukan natin?di ba pwede ngayon?" Leon sat down too, facing reese and trying to hold reese hand again but the latter stood up and looked at her.

"Maybe if time permits, Leon."

"What do you mean?We are both single and free now, tama ba ako?" She asked confused.

"'Di mo na ba ako mahal reese ah?" Her tears finally streaming down her cheeks.

"Kase ako i never stopped loving you."

Reese took a deep breath.

"Oo, hindi na." She turned around and held the doorknob.

"I'm getting married Leon."

Then she went outside leaving Leon there, sitting while tears are wetting the sheets.

Di na naman pwede, kailan ba pwede?