12.

Kosa

Kosa.

"Ma, why you ain't got no good snacks in here?" Kosa asked as he rummaged through his mothers pantry.

"Boy I told you I need to go grocery shopping stay out of my stuff." She said and he sighed as he re entered the kitchen.

He took a seat on one of the chairs and sat in thought.

"How Taylor?" She asked.

"Ion know." He said looking up at the ceiling. "Haven't talked to her."

"I told you about the miscommunication with the mother of your child Kosa." She said.

"Yeah I know but if it ain't about Kali I don't really know what to say to her." He said.

"Let me guess y'all going through one of y'all episodes again?" She asked.

"Nah." He said.

"So what is it?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just don't wanna mess with her no more." He said.

"Boy you is yo daddy's child. You gone be right! Back watch." She said.

"I love when people doubt me." He said.

"Every time I've doubted you, I've always been right." Rachel said turning to look at him with an amused expression.

"Bet I prove you wrong this time." He said.

"For now." She said. "But later on down the line, you're going to be right back. It can be 3 years from now. You are my son. I know you better than you know yourself. You put too much time into that relationship and spent too much time with that girl for you to ever permanently leave her alone."

Kosa just looked at his mother. Because she was right.

The same thing she was saying, Serenity had told him.

He didn't want to let them get to him. He said he was done for real this time he was done. He couldn't keep doubling back to Taylor. It was nothing good for him. It was toxic. It was tiring. It wasn't exciting anymore. He was genuinely ready for something new. But only he could really be the judge of that.

And maybe his mom and Serenity would be right. Maybe a bunch of time from now, he will make his way back to Taylor. That's only if what he has planned now doesn't work out for him in the end. And if it doesn't, it will more than likely be his fault. He can't get his act together.