19.

They did end up at the hospital

They did end up at the hospital. The children's emergency to be exact.

With Kali waking up and her fever still not gone down that's when Kosa knew that Serenity was right and his best bet would have been to take her to the hospital.

As soon as they got there they took her in. Put her on a ventilator because her vitals was so low, and only had so much energy to move a finger. She could barely cry that's how weak she had gotten.

A fever like that in the middle of summer was beyond concerning. They all knew that.

Until she got diagnosed with a virus. Parainfluenza to be exact.

The doctor brought it to all of their knowledge that Kali's cases weren't as severe as the other children's cases she had dealt with in the past month. Kali symptoms were actually calm compared to other babies.

Kosa was just glad that she'd be okay and up and running soon. Seeing his baby sick like that hurt his feelings really bad. This was his first time dealing with anything like this. Because it wasn't known for Kali to ever get sick. Only for her asthma to get bad.

Serenity didn't know what to do so she was just here for moral support. Once again.

And even though it seemed like Kosa wasn't acknowledging that or paying attention to her too much he appreciated her sticking around. Since all of his attention had been on his daughter. Serenity didn't have to be sticking around, being here. But she was.

Kosa just looked down at Kali who laid in the bed. Her eyes were open as she looked up at him.

"Say you'n like that ventilator huh?" He smirked as she tried to remove the mask from her face making him put her hands down. "Just a lil longer then we can go."

Serenity loved how he talked to her. Like she wasn't a baby but she was. And it was only because she understood. Kali didn't talk herself. Barely made any noise and if she did she cried. That was okay, it didn't worry her family members too much. Because Kosa was the same way. He didn't start talking up until he was 5. But he understood. And that was the good part about Kali. She understood everything. She was just very nonverbal.

After about another hour of sitting around in that hospital Kali was released. But under a strict protocol to take her breathing treatment 3 times a day. Just to die her asthma down, and keep fluids and hot food in her body. Which would be hard because Kali was a picky eater. But all toddlers were. And if it were up to them they wouldn't eat anything but bullshit all day.

"Bae I'll be back." Kosa said lowly fidgeting with the keys in his pocket. Serenity looked at the time in the corner of her phone and then gasped.