Chapter 13 - Movies and Late Nights

Y/N POV

Me and Karl wait for Piso and Purple to go to their rooms to sneak out. He wrapped his arm around me again and I leaned up against him. We did this until we got to the car. 

"What movie we want to see?" I ask closing the car door. I open my phone and look up movies in theaters. "The new Pinocchio movie is out."

"I'm in if you are," he says looking over at me.

"Pinocchio it is!" I say excitedly giggling a bit.

He puts in the coordinates for the nearest movie theater. For the rest of the drive we just talk and make jokes. I loved talking to him and just being around him.

When we get there we walk in with our arms interlocked. We shared a large popcorn and each get our own drinks. I also get *whatever candy you want*(a/n - my personal choice would be reeses pieces i'm a chocolate person). Before we walk into the room I take a selfie of us. 

"Now that's a keeper," Karl said looking over my shoulder.

"Yea, now it's quiet time," I say walking into the theater. He follows me up to the top of the stairs to the back seats for only two people. He sits next to me and we place the popcorn between the two of us. We were a little late so the ads already finished. 

I layed my head on Karl's shoulder and watched the movie occasionally taking from popcorn from the bag or some of my candy and about half way through the movie we ran out the popcorn and set the bag on the ground.

As we watched, I felt something on my left hand and look down at it. I see Karl's hand inching closer to mine with our pinkie right next to each other. In reaction to this I slipped my hand underneath his and we both hold in a tight grasp. 

For the rest of the movie we stay there in the same position. It was quite comfortable and I was upset when the movie ended cause it was so nice. We walked outside with our fingers still laced together.

We got to the car and I was a bit reluctant to let go of his hand, "I don't want to go," I complained.

"Neither do I but we have to get home," he says.

"Must we go home yet? Let's just take a walk around town instead. Maybe even get a monster," 

"You had me at monster, TO THE NEAREST GROCERY STORE!" he says starting to yell at the end. We both giggle.

"WOOOHOOO!" I exclaim in response.

We walk around this strip mall area near the theaters and find a small convenience store in the middle. We walk inside and head to the drinks section immediately. We both go down the different sides in order to find the monsters faster. You found them and waved Karl over.

"I want a white one," you say grabbing it from the bottom shelf.

"Oo, can you grab me one while you're at it please," he says. I grab two and hand one to him, "Thanks."

We pay for them and we walk out of the store. We both open them almost in sync and he then slips his arm over me. 

"Now where would you like to go Sunny?" he says gesturing his other arm forward.

"Ooo, let's go to the beach, I loooove the beach," I say smiling up at him.

"Whatever you say," he starts guiding me back to the call.

We ended up running around the beach for hours until we both got tired and had to go home. Let me tell you, that was one of the best nights of my life and I will never forget it. I love spending time with him and hearing his giggle for three hours straight makes me realize I can never get tired of it.

"Goodnight Karl," I say to him, us both standing outside my bedroom door. 

"Goodnight Sunny," he responds. I smile and turn around starting to walk inside my room. Suddenly, I feel his arms wrap around my stomach as he hugs me from behind and I mean butterflies. He pulls me close and whispers into my ear, "I love you."

"I love you more," I whisper back.

a/n

aww how cute!

also drink or eat your magical stuff in this thermos made of rainbows and stuff
love y'all

help me make it to 100 reads!!

Date written: Nov 13, 2022